Shard Dungeon Gear

Woot! So pleased with the lightening fast turn around time fixing the warrior armor. I had no idea that it could be changed so quickly, was expecting a couple of weeks - instead was fixed nearly instantly. It really shows how much this dev team cares about our experience in Orbus and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you so very much. Really and truly, thank you.

8 Likes

Full sets of the new Spiro Warrior, Musketeer and Runemage. I really like how the warrior armor looks with white dye and dandelion accents. The shoulders aren’t too bulky. The musket helm has a neat profile and details. The mage robes have a lot of interesting details. All of the armor has well placed buckles that we really like. Bravo!

3 Likes

I’m liking the new gear better, but can we get the hat size shrunken down just a little bit? I like the hat WAY more than the previous helmets, but a small issue with it is it’s so big that it can cover up buffs and debuffs because it’s so big/tall. We had to have someone stop showing their hat for one of the fights last night so I could see if someone had a poison on them. It’s not a huge deal, just a small quality of life thing.

So if we could shrink it just enough so that the top doesn’t cover up/interfere with the buffs/debuffs on the bar that would be great. That way we can stay just as fancy as we’d like during all the fights. <3

2 Likes

The mage gear looks good except for the shoulder. Are we stuck with the wood barrel of a mage shoulder or will that be changed to double shoulders and get rid of the wood. Not sure why the mage would have one shoulder to begin with. Aren’t those for warriors so they can swing their sword more freely.

Edit: I like the hat, not sure I’m so keen on the one flower on it, but much better job on the hat.

2 Likes

Musketeer Chest: I suppose it is a bug that we can not accent-dye the big pink dot in the middle? It looks really strange currently with putting on any other accent color than accent taffey/salmon.

I love the Mage hats!

2 Likes

With regards to the warrior T6+ armor, the cup that was there, now it just looks stupid and makes no sense. I’d suggest putting it back and smoothing the model so it’s a groin cover and not a cup. Both men and women need a groin cover. Not to mention the exposed belly. Thats like saying “Hi maybe you should stab me right here.”

5 Likes

I also noticed this. A straight removal was maybe a little rushed.

4 Likes

Yea, I thought this too after seeing the change.

the gender neutral is something i really dislike about the game though, its like to be a good adventurer you have to be an “it” meanwhile all the npcs have genders

and even if the devs were planning on making the game have gender they would have to rework every piece of armor to do so which i dont really think will happen at least any time soon

I get that the devs want the player gear to be gender neutral so that they don’t have to worry about male and female versions.

I also get that a female playing wouldn’t want a bulging man package piece of armor.

It is cool that the offending piece got removed so quickly, in response to a complaint.

My angle here is what are the plans to fix this permanently? Is simply removing the piece the endgame, or will it be replaced with something else? Right now it looks poorly designed. Even with the cup it was off that there was a big hole in the center of the armor anyways but at least it was semi covered. Now it’s just a big hole. Musketeers have a circle in the center in the form of a giant pink easteregg… but at least it’s not a hole.

1 Like

I like the way it looks. I think the belt buckle is cool and it made sense to me that the armor is focused more on the sides than the middle of the crotch. It really wasn’t uncommon for armor that extended past the waist to leave the crotch uncovered. It doesn’t feel lacking to me at all.

3 Likes

Since the cup was removed, I can understand how it may appear incomplete now, and wouldn’t mind at all if there there was a smoother piece added in it’s place. I’m also really pleased with the current appearance and think it’s a big improvement over the old Sprio gear (now Techno).

Quinn is right regarding cod pieces, typically they were limited to ceremonial purposes, but not combat.

3 Likes

I mean, this is a Fantasy MMO…it’s art inspired by life. It doesn’t have to be any specific percentage historically accurate. Remeber the dude a few weeks ago that said the affliction symbol was alt right/white supremacist? One could argue Bishop Roma hunting down and killing magic users is an act of genocide caused by religious zealotry. The whole concept of art is that its inherently subjective. Making blanket proclamations over conversation only divides people. People who’s experiences on each side of an issue are different. We should be working together in civil discussions when these things come up.

I for one, would like something to cover my soft belly when I’m tanking… lol. Unless my goal is to let monsters gouge out my entrails.

1 Like

I think it is cool that it has some historical foundation. It gives the game more character, in a rustic sense. It doesn’t make sense that was a cup in the groin area with plated armor, from a historical perspective. It also doesn’t make sense that there is a hole in the stomach area, also from a historical perspective.

If you like don’t want to feel like your entrails are getting gouged out, just remember this is a Fantasy MMO. If the argument is then that it breaks immersion then what is the point to referring to Fantasy MMO?

Then there is the problem that not being historical causing a trouble because it breaks immersion…Do you see the nuisance problem in these arguments >.<

I think it looks a bit funny the way it is now. Also think it looked funny before. Think historical armor looks very funny.

However! the dev’s had said they were trying to keep the armor gender neutral (Idk where). Thus it is partly our responsibility to hold them up to that standard. We could ask them if they ever have plans to do something else, either by taking that desire back or by adding armor pieces for both parties.

2 Likes

My point was never about it being immersion breaking. My comment about entrails was meant to be sarcastic, but I guess that didn’t translate well with the forum post. o_O

It’s purely atheistic preference. I disagree with the complete removal of the armor part. I think returning it and flattening it out would make the armor look better. My other point about this being a fantasy MMO is that there is no historical precedent within the game based on the lore that a particular armor was made for one gender over another, only our preconceived expectations based on reality outside of the game.

A quick forum search indicates that this thread is the only place where its mentioned that they want to make the armors gender neutral. As far as responsibility goes ~ the issue was brought up before the motive for a gender neutral goal was even known to the public. Speaking with people in game, a lot of individuals didn’t even think it looked like a cod piece at all. That’s why having these discussions in a civil manner is important to do without dividing people.

We have to remember that despite our opinion, this game is the art and vision of the development team. We are players, not the content police.

1 Like

… and yet we have a fish bow …

Community please, its a game.

4 Likes

:grin:

Text Sarcasm hard >.< You should provide audio files with a recording :yum:

Yeah out of the options I considered, I think it would be best to flatten it out. But of the options thus I think it is cod < now < flattened from worse to better. Seeing that the removal of the cod piece was easy, that was the right move. Now idk how long it would take to flatten it out. But I think it is alright to have it how it is for now.

We can never be the content police. We can only criticize the game and see if the developers ever become persuaded. The developers are human enough to consider if the request for a change is sincere, and the audience it will affect (Or at least I think so, they aren’t robots in disguise right?)

2 Likes

Pretty sure they’re all members of https://www.reddit.com/r/totallynotrobots/ :joy:

1 Like

Indeed, having a piece of steel covering the crotch would make one quite immobile. Walking would be very difficult, let along mounted combat. That’s why armorers created faulds, to keep the thighs covered while still allowing the wearer to move.

3 Likes