Share rights of map of world

In a hypothetical situation :wink: , if someone succeeded in making a basic map of the OrbusVR world, to what extent is that person allowed to share this map?

Like legally or from a spoiler standpoint?

Legally I have no problem with fan art whether it’s a map or a character drawing or whatever, as long as it’s not commercial. Commercial stuff is probably fine too just reach out to us first so we can make sure.

Spoiler wise I wouldn’t put it in the Wiki or anything but if you want to share it that’s your prerogative! Just make sure you label it as a spoiler.

In fact we have plans for a feature that may allow you to draw and share maps in game as well. Or even sell them to other players.

So, go for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it is more then a drawing. It is a detailed map of the whole world made by making photo’s with a Unity Orthographic Camera. I also wrote code (JavaScript website) to show different resolutions of the map based on how far you are zoomed in. Because the map is way to big to load into one view. Like 96000*96000 pixels big. I can see all 9 zones btw :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It was a hobby project. Not anything commercial. The problem is that you have to run your own page to show the map. So I can’t just show it on de Wiki, unless I add a link to the webpage.

I can give you the link personally and you can take a look at it if you want.

I would love to see that. I hate not having a map.

Haha yeah shoot me a link and I’ll take a look.