Slight Mage Talent Rework

I already know I’m going to get some grief about runemage already being really powerful and whatnot, but I had this idea for a second level 5 talent (to replace static shock, which is typically considered to be useless). This will allow for mages to pick and choose between talents (as one isn’t necessarily more overpowered than the other, which has always been a huge issue with this game). This talent would be especially useful in PVP.

• On Your Feet
    Allows spells to be casted while moving

Essentially it will lock spells to your playspace, instead of to the world, allowing you to move around and cast at the same time. The downside to it is you have to give up lend a hand, but I believe it’s a good trade off. Some fights would be so much better as a runemage if you could move while you do it, but your DPS gets completely cut off sometimes. This could solve that.

3 Likes

not gonna lie this would be better

2 Likes

I’ve never had a problem moving around while casting. I suggest using teleport way more. You can already draw spells, teleport away, then summon and shoot the spell, just takes some practice, which is the core of the entire class.

This would still be worse than lend a hand, but I don’t think that this is a suitable replacement for static shock.

You still have to be facing the same way as when you drew the rune, otherwise your head gaze will cause the spell to misfire.

You’re also one of the top 3, if not #1, mages in the game. Very few can telecast.

Not true. You have to face forward when you first draw the spell, but then you can look anywhere you want and it will still work.

Practice is the core of the runemage class. Almost anyone can do it.

This is certainly better than the static shock ability, at the least.
My current opinion for lend a hand is that shouldn’t even be a talent, but a game option which more advanced mages can enable. What a weird talent to(basically) force players to take. I can’t think of anything that might be an equivalent alternate, or could be even remotely as desirable.

I already know I’m going to get some grief about runemage already being really powerful

I’d argue it’s just that the other classes are not fleshed out / too weak / can’t scale because they are too simple. Top mages are indeed powerful, but that is only a piece of the discrepancy.

Not true. You have to face forward when you first draw the spell, but then you can look anywhere you want and it will still work.

I can double this. It only matters while you are drawing.

Very few can telecast.

If you can cast anything remotely quickly, you can telecast with very little practice. Telecasting at incredibly high speeds takes more practice and helps to have a really good GPU/CPU to help you with your visual cues/timing.

2 Likes

Just because you can doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a method for some to do it easier. If you can move around without it, then you get the benefit of moving while still keeping lend a hand. Who would honestly use static shock instead of lend a hand except someone who doesn’t like lend a hand? It’s useless. At least this would allow people to choose between two different quality of life things for runemage, instead of one quality of life thing and something that’s completely useless.

1 Like

…what?!
Learn something new every day. Gonna have to try that, since I thought me moving my head to look around was what was messing up the few fire2 spells I can do. Lol.

I’m glad to have learned about not having to face the same direction! I guess I was just messing up last time I tried, but today it was working wonderfully. Perhaps a faulty memory :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.