Some mobs could look better with some different shaders

First of, the chaos styled enemies. they have so much cool details that are almost completely hidden by the shader they use in-game, making them mostly just look like purple humanoid shaped blobs. I think they could look so much better if you tweak the shader a bit to not completely blow out most of the details.
Here is some close ups with a different shader and a different color on the details:

Second, the aberrations on the forsaken isle. they just straight up shouldn’t have a shader at all. They look really good without one and the colored shader they currently have in-game suppresses so mush detail and just makes them look bad.
Here’s what they look look without a shader:
Image 1589 Image 1590

Image 1588

I just think it’s kinda sad that there are these really cool looking models/textures that are made IMO a lot worse by the shader they have in-game.

11 Likes

Dang, ya, these look WAY different and much better here. This would be a huge improvement.

I kinda like the purple. They remind me of Mursaat Jade enemies.
I enjoyed your renditions tho… I never realized these guys had anatomically correct faces xD

wait, the thing in the middle of the flyers chest is a heart??? I must have killed 1000 of them and I never realized. Yah, the shaders realt botches the artists job, I barely new those things had patterns.

4 Likes

only one of the 2 models of the flyer has a heart in the middle and the only place that model is used afaik is for the knights fort event.

Wow, now those are models I can identifiy at a distance. I actually had no idea there was much of a visual difference from the similar mobs other than name. That shader really does kill so much distinctive detail. Weird!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.