Sound cuts out after character select

The sound in my Oculus headphones is going away completely after loading into a characer. It works on the character select screen, and then comes back on when I exit the game and return to oculus home.

Double check that you have your Rift speakers set as the default playback device on your machine. That should fix the issue for the time being.

1 Like

I had this issue too. I use a Bluetooth headset and the playback device kept auto changing itself to another device. My solution was to disable all other playback devices and enable only my BT headset device. This fixed the conflict.

I tried this, and disabling all devices other than the rift headphones and it still didn’t work, which is odd because I had what seemed like the same problem with star trek bridge crew and that did solve it. At some point while loading in after selecting my character the sound cuts out, and I can hear it cut back on briefly as I’m exiting the game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.