Specific Feedback: Crashes and Disconnects

I got a hard crash for some reason, here is a error log and dmp file http://img.padis.cz/hardcrash-padis.rar

Are you getting them often or was it just the one time? Thanks!

It happens to me for first time now. i will let you know if it happen again.

I feel like I crash more often in Beginning Town, might be just coincidence. Can play for hours outside of Town, killing mobs and exploring with very few issues, but to hang out in Beginning town seems like a crash every 15 minutes or so. Just submitted a crash report. My OrbusVR window just looks frozen, no errors showing there, except for being frozen. My SteamVR client says VRClient.exe unresponsive. Just restarting OrbusVR using the Launcher gets it going again and clears the error from SteamVR window. I’d assumed first this was something on my end, as I hadn’t updated my Vive hardware since we got it, but fully updated as of last night and still getting crashes.

My steam client stops working if I change to or from ultra preventing access to my desktop. However the game still works without issue, just cannot access the desktop.
Steam client does not crash as long as I do not change to or from ultra while in game.
Therefore if I load the game with ultra or High settings steam client does not crash.

So I’m seeing a lot of disconnects/connects in the log right now, thought it would be a good idea to check in on the state of things in the most recent patch. I know some people have said that they are now getting disconnected or crashing if they are keeping the Steam Overlay up too long…

How has everyone’ experiences been in the last day or so? Crashes? Disconnects? Neither?

My disconnects are way down, but I have noticed a dramatic uptick in Blacking-Out-To-A-Loading-Screen-For-A-Couple-Seconds much more often when traveling the world. Not sure if that’s related or not.

Audio reliability has also been way down. I think about 75% of the time I try to talk in fellowship chat, it cuts out to some significant degree that prevents/inhibits communication.

1 Like

Do you use Steam or Oculus? If it’s Steam can you get me a shot of your Frame Timings?

Yesterday i was getting disconnected every time i used the overlay (no matter how many seconds), with the last patch i mostly crash with the overlay but sometimes just a disconnect. I used to write even long messages with the overlay for the whole beta and never had issues before yesterday.
Also from yesterday every time i login for the first time after open the launcher i return in the character selection after a long loading.

Aside that all normal, a couple crash/disconnect in many hours

I have a vive, and I haven’t messed with the frame timing stuff much but I’ll give it a try and see how it looks.

I’m mostly just interested on your CPU usage.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.