Static Charge Talent

Was working on our Mage wiki page and while writing out the talents suggestion to either choose Lend a Hand or leave that row unselected, we had a thought…

If the Static Charge was an interrupt, even if it did zero damage. That would make that talent very desirable.

Would that be possible to do?

3 Likes

With interupts being able to be cast at 2 or higher per second it would not be useful as an interrupt. Mage is the class that can spam interrupt the fastest most consistently (pally can do like 5 in 1 second but then need more pips). Interrupt alone also screws with actual stuns as the devs did not separate the two.

I feel like a short stun like maybe warrior shield bash at full charge of the static shock (no stun if its not fully charged) would give a reason to choose it especially for solo players as a reliable damage output is nice for new mages and the stun can very much help survivability.

I don’t know if a stun would make the talent too OP though even at warrior shield bash levels of duration just due to how fast it can go up. On the other hand it requires like 2 seconds to even shoot off so maybe.

A stun would also be useful.

I had assumed that if the devs decided to give us the interrupt, they would also package at least a small stun into it.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.