Steam Beta Branch or Standard Branch for new patch?

Hi,

I’ve been using the beta branch for the past week since I’ve heard that warriors have improved hit detection on that branch (and they surely do!), but with the announcement of the next patch coming out soon I was wondering if I should switch back. Do we know if those warrior improvements are going to be merged in any time soon? Is there any way to know when a new beta branch has been released?

Thanks for all the help =)

Hi, I’ve been using the beta branch ever since the new warrior hit detection, usually the patches are coming about 30-60 minutes after the main branch, Riley posts it most of the time in the thread of the new patch when the beta branch has the update released. Also not sure when the branches will get merged, the new loading system might not be 100% ready for the main branch, but I could be wrong about this.

Thanks for the swift reply alpha! I guess that means I’ll stick with the beta branch for the foreseeable future. You mentioned a new loading system… I hadn’t heard anything about that, and find it intriguing, are there any patch notes for the beta branch where I can learn exactly what it contains?

It’s G (Alphabet is the fellowship I’m in :smiley: ), anyway, here is the link: New Beta Available for Testing

Oh, my bad xD and that link is pretty interesting… I had noticed some pop-in from the beta branch, that explains why! Was hoping for a more complete list of all the in-flux features in the beta branch, but it sounds like it doesn’t exist. Oh well, thanks again for all your help!

No, unfortunately no, the changes on the beta branch are being added one by one, but as far as I know the only difference between the main and the beta branch is the loading system and the hit detection :wink:

The Beta branch will become the new default branch for everyone with Monday’s patch.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.