Stuck in Combat alot, 5 minute timer to let me bypass bug is not cool

I am getting stuck in combat way more than usual today in the Lucian plains. It usually doesn’t bother me but today I noticed that I have to wait 5 minutes to use it again. This is happening to me every 2 or 3 mob fights. So I’m sitting there with my health depleted and slow walking for 5 minutes. I think that a 5 minute timer to fix a bug is a bad idea. What’s the deal?

1 Like

We did that a) to prevent abuse and b) so people would help us track down the bug. Can you describe what you’re doing that is causing it more than usual?

Thank you for your quick reply to this.
I am fighting the mobs on the list for the quest “Noah’s Ark Lucian Plateau”.
My class is ranger. It seems to be happening the most on the Armored Wargs and their companions.

Okay I will look at that thanks for reporting it.

Same here only that I didn’t bother reporting yet… but yes, it happens all the time, mainly when I tried to kite aberrations and even normal mobs and been successful with it, also happens in groups. I got out of their range, stand solo, or with a group, no mobs nearby, stuck-timer is first not working at all and on second click it says up to 8mins(!) and I wondered if there’s really an exploit which is justifying that… also this is the point where I usually relog or go out of the wilds/port which seems to “fix” the issue sometimes.

I had a hunch on a repro for a stuck in combat bug and this thread prompted me to test it. It turns out that you can fairly reliably repro if you damage a mob, leash it, and then kill it. This seems to fit with the OP’s warg killing scenario because for these mobs it’s often necessary to leash and reset to take out the adds.

I believe, in the past, I may have also reprod by polymorphing a mob, killing another, leashing to reset combat, and then killing the mob that had been polymorphed.

Are you able to log a screenshot / location when people use the Unstuck / stuck in combat buttons? May help you since I know a lot of people that use them and don’t say anything…

Yes, if you run from an enemy to save yourself from dying, I seem to get stuck in combat 60% of the time when the enemy resets. It doesn’t seem to matter the location or the enemy. Even if I go back and kill the enemy that I ran from when my health was low,I’m still stuck in combat. I think he’s running from the adds that are spawning and because he ran, And the enemy reset, he got stuck in combat. Not so bad for most classes but I god awful nightmare for warrior trying to get health back. Thanks for the help buddy.

Yeah it seems to happen as often as you are saying. Every time you retreat from a fight, that enemy seems to be potentially bugged so that after killing it you will still be in combat. Or if you kill something else first. You are definitely right that retreating creates the stuck in combat scenario and yeah 10 minute cooldown for these bugs isn’t enough.

It might be a pain, but just do a fast logout/in and you will be out of combat. That is better than waiting for the button to work again.

Yeah, relogging solves the problem too in a pinch. In fact relogging tends to solve a great many issues and prevent others. When running the mines it’s quite common to see most of the group relogging between fights, because if we don’t you end up with issues like the invisible tank fighting the boss that doesn’t look like it’s in combat and then proceeds to one shot the whole group with an AoE… or the invisible box that’s visible to only one person, which you’re supposed to hide behind.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.