[Suggestion] When using the compass to talk, please make it easy to see what mode you are using

Me and my friends ingame often want to use the compass to talk to each other. However, sometimes we shake the compass accidentaly and are then in fellowship chat. We never really know what chat mode we are using and thus this further annoys the use of voice chat. Would it be possible to make some kind of icon appear for “party mode” and “fellowship mode”? Make a banner-flag for fellowship and a icon with two people for “party mode” …something like hat would be incredibly helpful. Thanks

8 Likes

+1 to this. I still don’t really trust that I am in the right mode so I try both all the time.

1 Like

Exactly! This makes it very hard to communicate with the party… and thats what this should be fore… so it fails on that part. I still think it just needs some sort of indicator.

I also wish there was a way to “lock it” so you can set the compass down and still talk over that channel.

5 Likes

You can’t tell if the entire compass is green or not? Also it is pretty loud when it switches.

1 Like

+1 to this as well. I usually have to double check which chat line, it would be nice is the compass would stay the color it was in and when you bring it close to talk, it would be a darker color of the mode you are in.

I only have an issue with this when I’m dead. The black and white makes it hard to tell the difference.

4 Likes

Oh yeah! that is really an annoying problem! half the playtime in a party do u “Hello ?? …” “Hello? …” in the Compass … annoying

1 Like

I know party is supposed to be red and guild green, and shaking it makes that noise and switches between, but I agree with the original poster. If it’s red and I’m talking to party, when I shake it and it turns green, moving it a little / moving it toward my mouth makes it the same shade of red as before, and then it’ll flicker between the two (like in one spot it’s green, but any higher or lower or moved a little it’s red), and even when I shake it again thinking I’ll just go back to party, it tends to persist. So I’m never confident which one I’m talking to and usually just keep it on party. I was wondering if party could only be red and guild only green though darken in shade to signal ready to talk into it. Or does the guild one stay green for some of you?

Aside from that, I love the compass to chat and use it all the time. It’s brilliant. Just needs some ironing out between party and guild.

3 Likes

There are people that have problems with colors. Also this color scheme forces u to memorize it… which is just annoying. Just add a simple icon, whats the problem? Make the appereance change… there are lots of options. Don’t just take everything in, lets work together. I complained about it… whats the problem with this? Your post didnt help in any way.

1 Like

My Compass always looks the same xD bevor and After shaking. I Think a Icon was the easy and best Option for all…

2 Likes

I don’t know if I agree with the specifics of the proposed solutions here, but I’ve experience similar issues with the compass for a while. I think my most frustrating issue is that it will often switch from Fellowship to group extremely easily, like I’m not even shaking it, I’m just bringing it up to my mouth to talk, and then I need to shake it vigorously for several seconds to get it to switch back. (I believe the Musketeer turret has a similar issue)

There is a known issue with the compass color not always correctly indicating the channel you are on that we are tracking. We are also tracking the issue with the inconsistency of ease for switching channels using the compass.

3 Likes

Is it just me or does the compass communication seem pretty unreliable. Seems like players cut out constantly when talking. I only catch half of what people are actually saying. However the in-range, normal chat seems to work great.

2 Likes

Yep, having the same problems here since the start of EA

1 Like

I also think the color change is a bad idea as right now it’s green and red… and many people have problems with exactly those colors. In my opinion a change in shape or a icon on top of it would do a much better job.

5 Likes

the color and shake this is nice for one handed use.
But, perhaps either having a weee toggle switch in the center of the compas with a
P for party
and
F for fellowship
or something like that?

or along with the collor have the letter appear in the center of the compass corresponding to what mode it is on?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.