Suggestions from a Brand New Player

Hello all at Orbus!

I’m really excited about this game and looking forward to it growing and expanding.
I’ve played for about 4 hours on the Vive (about half of which was fishing for the illusive bass :laughing:) and I just wanted to share a couple things that I think might improve the experience.

My biggest suggestion is regarding movement (specifically rotating) via the Vive controllers:
It looks like you have put a lot of effort into providing players with a few options for this, but I just can’t find one I like, so I have to physically turn about, getting myself all tangled up in my cable as I explore the world.
With the smooth rotation on, I sometimes rotate when I don’t mean to. I think that RecRoom does it right, having you swipe across the trackpad to rotate 45 or 90 degrees (depending on player settings). This way you can’t really accidentally rotate.
It would be even better if I could choose which controller’s trackpad controls rotation (freeing up the other trackpad for other uses).
Alternatively, clicking the trackpad on the ‘left’ or ‘right’ side to rotate would work, with only the ‘top’ being used to teleport.

Regarding teleporting: I really like how you guys do this, with an area that grows the longer I wait. I just wish it was a circle (or something with more sides that a square) so that I am not always trying to make sure I can take advantage of the diagonal, which grows faster than the sides of the square.

A big part of RPGs is actually liking your character. Sadly, I’m really not a fan of how my “hero” looks. Maybe I just don’t like the style, but I think I want more character customization options. All of the current eye and mouth options just made my character look like a dummy.

Well those are the big things that I wanted to communicate. I think this is a great game and I see a ton of potential with it! Thanks for taking my input into consideration.

Grant F

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.