Teleport Pillar Safe-Zone Please

It would be really nice if all teleport pillars were made safe-zones.

This would solve the blackscreen-pvp-death issue permanently.

For the Devs: No more “someone killed me on blackscreen” reports to deal with.

For the players: There would be no more deaths while loading in, because it would be impossible.

For those of you who are about to say “but the goblin”. You cannot teleport even by using your cookie with it in your inventory during the “Oh, you’ve got it eh? Lets see if you can keep it.” timer.

17 Likes

This seems like a simple/quick to implement fix for an issue that has caused a lot of soreness in PvP. Definitely agreed

4 Likes

I think this is a great idea, and since I know nothing about creating games or coding, it should be super simple! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Really though, it does solve a very frustrating experience and might encourage more people to participate in seeking out the trickster goblin.

2 Likes

I agree with this statement. This idea seems like it would be beneficial for all parties involved.

2 Likes

Absolutely great suggestion. As we discussed in discord, I think we’re all aware that a fix was implemented for this issue in the past, but it has become apparent that the fix is not adequate and this mechanic/exploit can still be taken advantage of by those who understand how it works, especially against those who don’t.

This would 100% solve the problem, I couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

It pretty much means (as far as i can see in the pathing implementation of orbus - i COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG), that the navmesh needs to be properly updated to not include “squares” inside of objects. That doesn’t just include raids and dungeons, but all zones which would need a proper re-pass.

Blockquote[quote=“OndeTv, post:6, topic:24912”]
It pretty much means (as far as i can see in the pathing implementation of orbus - i COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG), that the navmesh needs to be properly updated to not include “squares” inside of objects. That doesn’t just include raids and dungeons, but all zones which would need a proper re-pass.
[/quote]

简单的话。去团队。朋克布鲁斯特

Would love this as a change to the safe zones, they don’t even need to be big, just a few square meters around the pillars!

3 Likes

love this idea

1 Like

That sounds like a wonderful idea for not only new PVP players but veteran players as well. It would make it fair that they get to start when both are able to actually attack and not just be killed instantly when you go to a different area.

4 Likes

Hey everyone, we appreciate the suggestions and we’ve made that change, it’ll be ready in the update on the 18th.

10 Likes

Y’all are amazing. Both the dev’s and the community.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Mathieu_D. :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve spent so many hours playing with new open world pvpers and trying to drill it into everyone that the biggest way to become everyone’s most hated pvper is to gank on teleporters, have a little respect for the game and your fellow pvpers because we only have a handful of people who participate. It certainly seemed to be getting better…

Why didn’t I ever think of suggesting pvp safe zones on the teleporters? xD Well done @Pherosis , and I’m very glad to see the developers agreed.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.