Teleport Pillar Update

My problem here is that the reason a lot of runemages at higher levels love the class is because it had the allure of challenge and getting good game great rewards like teleportation and resurrection. We have already lost resurrection as now musketeer can do it for what, an orb shot at a turret, that takes no skill and does not warrant a revive, now your giving everyone the ability to use the teleport pillars instead of keeping them runemage only? I’m sorry but it just seems to me that all the challenge is being taken away, now the runemage is not special and has things that no one else can do like all the other classes. Sorry for the rant but i hope my opinion is recognized!

1 Like

As a runemage, we really shouldn’t of had resurrection to begin with. We are not healers. I think people will have to go to a stone to teleport, but mages will be able to port from anywhere. The skill cap (challenge) isn’t on the non-combat skills, the skill gap as a mage is consistently casting spells at fast speeds in combat.

6 Likes

I imagine there will be trade-offs. If I had to guess, I’d say the pillars will burn reagents for people 1-to-1. That means, if you’re in a group, you’ll still want a runemage to do their magic.

5 Likes

They’ve stated it will still cost a reagent. I am not upset about this…

I agree with Seurimas and Johann, it’ll still be ideal for a mage to port as it will be available for anyone to enter which allows the entire party to travel for a single reagent. Also mages can still teleport from any location, I wouldn’t want to walk to a stone to be able to travel to another one but it’s a good compromise for those that haven’t learned how to do so.

2 Likes

Its like paying for the airship and not having to wait. Cant wait to test its usefulness out

They can only teleport from pillar to pillar so there is still a difference. Also, battle Rez has a 20 minute cooldown timer. So we didn’t lose anything there since they use that up mid fight which we couldn’t do anyway. Maybe you didn’t read about those skills and made a post first? From one runemage to another.

2 Likes

Teleport and resurrection are not, and have never been, limited to mages.

Anyone can do those things, you just equip the wand and draw a couple simple runes. It’s not as if I have to level a mage or play one as a main to access those abilities.

…the class is not locked you know, I usually carry a wand for teleportation and resurrection, despite only having a level 8 mage, and as it’s the only spell I get practise with I’m quite fast. Most 20 mages still don’t know the different teleport runes or revive shortcuts.

… uh, … I think you should re-read what you said…bc yes, it is strictly limited to mages. Unless there is a rez arrow or teleport shield that I’m unaware of?

He means anyone can be a mage, it’s not impossible to equip a wand. Just can’t do it in combat, anyone is capable of doing portals and resurrection. There’s just alternative methods now

Lol yeah I know, I carry a wwand too, I’m just saying in the literal sense… you HAVE to be a mage to do those things…

I completely consider this to be a non-issue. They have different usage scenarios and both have a “cost of convenience” unique to them. It helps for solo players who don’t really care to learn Runemage, which makes the game a lot more flexible for more people

2 Likes

Yeah, as a runemage main, I am completely fine with this.

2 Likes

Almost anyone :joy: Now I can travel a bit faster

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.