Threat Meter option

Are there any plans to possibly give us a threat indicator to avoid pulling threat off of a tank? Would be a nice quality of life change.

2 Likes

I agree. In a game that really is about min/max’ing, as a tank I should be able to know when to generate aggro and when to do what little dps I can do to help bring things down faster. As of now, it’s either a choice between playing it safe and just doing provoke, or winging it and just guessing when to use which.

I agree the game could use some help in this area and I think that Riley has indicated before that he doesn’t disagree.

I really prefer the term “indicator” to meter though, as I don’t think a “meter” in the typical sense of the word would be ideal.

Maybe more like auras around mobs that go from green (If you are dps and don’t have aggro, or if you are tanking and do have aggro) to red (If you are a dps and do have aggro, or if you are a tank and don’t have aggro). Obviously this would be toggleable for those who don’t want their immersion ruined.

It could be as simple as a bar on your weapon/shield. Like the health/super/sprint does. Maybe make it color coded. Green=you are fine to go crazy on dps. Yellow= slow down. Red=stop now before you pull. As for tanks. Possibly something similar to show the amount of threat you’re generating.

Riley said we would get threat meters, but that was months ago. Every time I ask he assures me it’ll happen at some point. It can be tricky balancing threat across the mobs and dishing out some extra damage. QoL but not required

2 Likes

It could be as simple as a bar on your weapon/shield.

How does that work against multiple mobs?

Just add a marker on every enemy that only you can see.
If its red you got the aggro.
Orange - aggro still on you but will soon switch to someone else.
Yellow - aggro is on someone else but will soon switch to you
Green - aggro is on someone else

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.