TO ARMS! (Open Call for Elongata World Boss Raid - Sunday, September 17th, 7PM EST)

Postmortem report!

First attempt: Insane amounts of HP, even with 20 or so people damaging it it took 15 minutes to get it down less than 10% health. VFX piling up, disconnects, clones, audio issues made it rough (and if you didn’t crash, your framerate got worse and worse).

Second attempt: After Riley fixed the health scaling (thanks @Riley_D ley!), we were able to get a kill in, but we were overwhelmed with the adds and wiped after victory. (Still counts as a victory!) There were some issues with not being able to see the health bar on the boss or the adds for many (but not all) players, as well as it not being visible upon spawning for many (but not all players). Due to the quicker battle, less VFX and clone pile up issues, but disconnects became more common, with at least one confirmed case with Logan being non-stop bounced. (Not sure if it was a case of no one noticing, admitting, or not getting the adds cleared in time, but no one seemed to have gotten any noteworthy loot from Elongata, as far as we could tell.)

Third attempt: We lost a few people but still had at least 10 level 16 players, as well as several others 12-15. Can’t speak to anyone else on that one as from that point onward, I was getting websocket disconnected every 30 seconds for the next 10 minutes until I switched off of alternate connection.

All in all we were victorious, but it was a a bit of pyrrhic victory. I think with a few issues addressed (VFX, clones, connectivity) it’ll be a blast to go back and take Elongata on again in the future.

A huge thank to you all who attended!!

1 Like

Here’s my video of the Elongatta Fight.

1 Like

A snippet of our Elongata fight

1 Like

7 Mintues and 15 seconds,

@Draven “Kamina what are you doing?”

Cracked me up! Lol the amount of body langue that VR gives is so great.
Also i was really happy that Draven held to the tradition of the giant potions.

2 Likes

Hahaha, Kamina really commits, I have to hand it to him.

I also have to give thanks to Sir @Allen_The_Bard for that, he hooked me up with a few extra potions right as we got started.

1 Like
1 Like

While I was pretty much useless again only being level 7(although as a ranger I did hit a few of those seeds until the ads took me out) the group gathering, the objective overview and of course the giant Draven is what I loved about the experience. Wouldn’t have missed it for anything lol! Thanks again for a great adventure - as I kept finding myself stopping to take in the new environments and having to catch up with the group on the walkover lol!

2 Likes