TOS Clarification

I want to know more about the, “Any materials downloaded from OrbusVR in violation of the Terms of Use must be immediately destroyed.” Part. Ive read through TOS and want to know how this applies to in game music; If someone found where the game music resides how would that be in the eyes of TOS? There are a few situations I want to run through and see.

• Someone gets the music files but does not do anything but listen to them without distribution.
  • Someone gets the music files and puts them into a dropbox and posts onto OrbusVR Discord Servers.
  • Someone gets the music files and uploads them to youtube.

I want some dev input on this so I can be knowledgeable.

I mean, if you want the “officially official” answer, it’s that you can’t extract elements (including music) from the game files to use outside of the game itself. E.g. your license as an end-user permits you to play the game as-is, not to (for example) pull out the 3D models from the game to 3D print them. Or burn a mixtape CD that contains the game’s music.

If you’re asking, are we reasonably going to sue someone for extracting the music from the game and listening to it on their iPod, common sense obviously prevails in that kind of situation.

Of course distributing them to others or putting them on YouTube would be much more likely to result in action from us to stop that sort of thing like a DMCA notice or something of that nature.

1 Like

Also just to clarify we are totally fine with people streaming the game or posting YouTube videos of it. Sometimes I know publishers have an issue with that but we do not, we encourage it.

1 Like

Cool good to know; I would love to listen to the music outside of the game but would not want to get into any trouble. Probably would be best to release the tracks on youtube officially or something of the sort to listen everywhere. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.