Totally new player wanting to heal, pros and cons pls

Uh, no. I most definitely did not say that. Just that they do quite a bit in very limited situations.

Even shamans sift? That guy said shamans top the charts because of lightning crits or something because of many orbs? Does mages even beat that?

By far

10char

1 Like

Whats 10char? Do you have a level 30 shaman and tested it against it?

Also do you think muskateer is better than bard as healer?

You have to put at least 10 characters in each forum post, so people put that just to fill the space.

Iā€™ve played with people that have lvl 30 shamans and I always beat them in damage by a large amount.

They both have their strengths. Bard, its really good to have for the damage boost that it gives the party, but you have to manage your heal cooldowns really well. If you arenā€™t good at managing cooldowns, or people in your party are dying way too fast then muskie is a better choice.

Ok thanks very much for the info

Thereā€™s no such thing as ā€œrunemagesā€ since the spectrum is very, very broad. Practicing runemages will be below the tank, occassionally the healers even. Excellent runemages (sift is one of them) normally top everyone, there is barely a ceiling for speed-casting. Average runemages, yea, they can be reached easily by shamans imo, with a fraction of practice time needed. This goes for trash; thatā€™s not because of crits but the very good AoE ability in general, your passive totems are firing, constantly, a glimpse of routine in placing and resetting the actives and there you go. As for bosses, of course it depends on which, for example sewer boss 2 whoā€™s always moving is a boss where every shaman I know switches to his dmg off-spec since itā€™s pointless. Ps: iā€™m not a guy.

I play with sift on shaman a bunch before they got super buggy, the highest I ever hit was low 40k damage and that was me trying my best/being sober. Usually low to mid 30ā€™s but that is on specific bosses. Almost half of dungeon bosses the shaman isnā€™t a viable option but are great for trash clearing. Also comparing anyones damage to sift in game is an effort in futility because you wonā€™t top it. Have not played shaman since dev fixes so maybe Iā€™ll give it a other go.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.