Tower based dungeon/challenge

I was talking with some friends and we came up with an idea to do like a challenge tower of sorts. Start on floor 1 and work your way up the floors (which get harder as they go) until the final boss on floor 25 or maybe even higher like 50.

8 Likes

25 levels seems like a crap ton of levels, and probably wouldn’t work for a dungeon. Maybe for a raid tho?

I’d love to see something like this as we already have somewhat alike things such as shards (each level gets harder) so I feel like this wouldn’t be hard to incorporate and I wouldn’t even care if it didn’t give gear but it gave some transmogs and by reaching certain floors you get them or there are like rare rewards that can only drop from say 20+ and its just endless till you eventually lose

4 Likes

I do love a little roguelike action (in the you start over when you die sense, not the rest of it). That would be so fun in orbus. Good thought!

1 Like

I would love content like this for the challenge. Any kind of dungeon type thing where it progressively gets more difficult is great. I like Bucky’s endless idea but I would love to see this type of place drop armor with different stats.

Say for instance that this content drops armor that instead of defense and vit has stength and int or maybe even the armor stat is replaced with the attack stat just lowered a lot to not be utterly broken; That would not only give a valid reason to play the content but would also introduce different playstyles for all the DPS.

1. Glass cannon focused on damage but really high risk since anything in like 8 and up can one shot you

2. Mixed build with equal survivability and extra damage to take 1 or 2 hits on endgame content but still get a boost

3. Full tanky armor for maximum survivability.

I feel armor needs some sort of use for dps classes as right now you can put on 30+1 armor and do just fine in PvE due to the fact only the affixes matter. Having armor that boosts damage up more would give content other than raids a reason to be played. I would love to minmax more than just a weapon on DPS and rather would love to minmax all my gear because it has stats that are important to my class.

3 Likes

If they add them, I would really like it if they made themes for them. ex: a battle tower, a inverses tower underground. Then they could add themed armor or transmogs.

I feel like the easiest way for them to incorporate this without having to make anything new is just use the public event in the guild city raid as it’s instance since there already is a public event there and it’s sort of the same thing just without more levels

2 Likes

They could also always make the infinite tower nodenghast because it’s a magic castle so it having infinite floors won’t seem like a crazy idea

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.