Upcoming Raid System

I know the devs are hard at work, and I understand if most of the following questions cannot be answered but given the fact that raids are less than 10 days away at this point, I wanted to check in.

• Are raids still expected to launch on June 1st? (Trying to plan for work time off)
  • Are raids still expected to be 10 players? (One of the Necropolar NPCs suggested it might be 15)
  • Are raids going to have any form of persistence and/or lock-out timers? (We’re trying to plan out sign-ups, and how many times per week we can raid)
  • Are normal difficulty raids still expected to be approximately T5 shard level of difficulty? (Want to make sure we prepare accordingly)
  • Are hard raids still expected to come out a couple weeks later? (Long term planning)
  • Is there anything else we should know about raids in terms of getting ready for them, or for being able to provide input/feedback on them in advance?
  • Any chance of an updated dev blog with general details on raiding?

Thank you in advance for your time!

4 Likes

We’ll put out a blog post next week with more details, but yes June 1st is still the target date and I don’t foresee us missing it. The worst case scenario on that front is we would release the first 3 out of 5 bosses and the other 2 a week later or something like that if we need more testing time for the more complicated fights.

There will be a lockout system as well as a “save progress system”. For example, if the group clears the first two bosses, the next time they return with the same party leader that week those two bosses will not be there along with their trash so you can progress from where you left off.

For the lockout system, basically you will only be eligible for a loot drop chance from each boss once per week. You are free to run it again in another group though and help out, it’s just that if you’ve already gotten your chance you won’t get a drop. I will go into more detail on the looting system next week in the blog post but it will be a combination of a “natural” drop chance as well as a token system where you save up tokens to buy pieces you haven’t gotten to drop.

Yes 10 Players is still the size. Normal difficulty will range from T1 - T5 (it will increase with each boss). Hard mode will come a few weeks later and range from T6 - T10+.

5 Likes

very cool, looking forward tot he 10-man.

Will the guild chest make it in the next patch?

2 Likes

When hard mode comes in, will we be able to claim both T1-T5 and T6-T10 gear ?

2 Likes

I can’t wait!!
Counting down!

The hard mode and normal mode will use separate lockouts.

1 Like

Can’t wait for hard mode!

1 Like

I am excited!

But just realized it releases on the first day of a work weekend :weary:

I feel your pain, my sisters graduation is the 1st as well :sob:

your poor sister. Send her a card at least.

7 Likes

Can you add a way to incentivize players to join (other than raid gear)? Otherwise we will end up seeing people unable to get groups together because they have no incentive other than to kill a boss which they already killed that week (some of us love that, but not everyone).

3 Likes

Particularly with the difficulty level being lower than what most raiders are currently running, and as such, the loot expected to not be upgrades, some extra incentives would be helpful for filling groups.

3 Likes

There will be some non-gear drops as well, but at the end of the day if you don’t want to run it for the challenge or fun of running it, or to help out your fellow Fellowship members who want/need to run it, I’m not really sure what other incentive there can be? Like, the Raid is the culmination in theory of the whole game for PvE players. All of the previous practicing, preparation, and all that is so you can conquer this challenge.

As for the difficulty and gear, the normal mode will definitely not be offering gear upgrades if you are already fully decked out in T6+ gear. I imagine most groups are going to run it to learn the mechanics so they are ready to take on the hard mode version, though, which will obviously be much more challenging and provide gear upgrades above shard gear.

6 Likes

As long as hard mode has upgrades for players clearing 10s, I’m happy. Also. Are bracers still coming? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well you said it yourself… Some people need an extra push with random loot drops as well. I am sure most the fellowship will jump in to help the fellowship progress and experience on bosses… But the extra incentive of droppable loot always helps. Just saying what I have seen from previous MMOs.

Maybe a quest for killing bosses x amount of times would be another good extra incentive.

5 Likes

Exactly, I run dungeons just to practice, but I’ve never been motivated by loot in MMOs. Pretty sure I’m in the minority. So little extras will help me fill out spots.

(May I request Dandelion Accent Dye?)

1 Like

The keeper dye is a lie… seriously though. I have 10+ of the t10 dyes, but only saw a couple keeper dyes drop while running tradu dungeons hundreds of times.

Maybe the keeper dyes could be added to the Trickster chest loot table?

• Powder Blue Accent Dye
  • Dandelion Accent Dye
  • Toxic Waste Accent Dye
  • Blood Crimson Accent Dye
5 Likes

Make 150 Dram be a drop on the Tricksters Chest loot table.

3 Likes

I’d love some quests related to the raid too!

Fun but challenging raid related achievements were always a fun thing to do on WoW which normally involved different ways of doing the fights and a really nice reward for completing the whole set. Having a raid loot lockout but being able to go in to help others and practice the fights would tie in well with that

Rare cosmetic stuff that can drop even when your weekly loot has been received would also be good incentive for others to go in and help once they have completed the boss that week, rare being the major key in that though

3 Likes