Vision at night time

Alright, so I’ve been playing Orbus for a little bit now (steam says 49 hours, but i think some of that is me leaving the game running accidentally) and I absolutely love it! I’ve been having a wonderful time exploring the world, fighting monsters, and hanging out with people. However, there is one thing that does kinda suck for me. I’m almost positive I’m the only one with this problem, but when the game is nighttime, what I can do becomes extremely limited. I have an eye condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa, and one of the incredibly fun aspects of it is I have greatly reduced night vision. Now, I’ve been playing as a Runemage, and the light cantrip is helpful when I’m indoors and its dark, like in the sewers of guild city, but if I’m not fairly close to lamp posts when I’m outdoors, I’m unable to really see what I’m doing. It also doesn’t help that all the Runemage effects (like drawing runes, or the orbs on the end of the wand that let you know you have a spell prepared) are really bright, preventing my eyes from being able to dilate. At this point I’ve given up on really playing at night and just farming for alchemy materials instead because I cant really do too much else. I don’t see a brightness slider being introduced because caves are supposed to be dark, and its not really night if it’s as bright as day, but I figured I might suggest some things, though I don’t really expect much to come from this, as I doubt there are many (if any) with the same problem.

The three main things I can really think of are:

1. Making the Light cantrip either brighter outright, or brighter when outside.
  2. Placing more lights in the world.
  3. Adding a slider for the brightness of Runemage effects.

Anyway, thank you for reading!

3 Likes

A dimmer switch for the warrior shield would be appreciated as well. Or just make the thing a normal shield instead of the glowing energy shield it is now.

4 Likes

I got good eyesight, but simply don’t like playing at night (posting on the forums instead, like, right now… :slight_smile: ), it depresses me, the landscape is nice and I want to see where I’m going. I get it’s part of the immersion having night- and daytime, but I wonder if nighttime could be shortened, that is what I know from games like Ark: Survival (those guys made playing in the dark a pain though, almost everyone pumped up gamma to play).

Other than for immersion there’s not really any advantage or need for night, right, nothing changes in mobs behavior, would be cool if you at least got an increased chance at fishing or such.

and make nights not last as long, playing during nighttime is depressing.

Night time is a pain. I really dont like it either

There shield blinds me at night or in the cave dungeon. I like the game at night time, but the extreme contrast gives me eye strain. In WoW I reduce my gamma so night looks like night, but in this game I have no control over the gamma because I don’t know how to do that with my Rift. A slider for brightness of the shield or mage drawing line would be great

This game definitely needs a way to adjust brightness. Nearby runemage effects are an absolute pain and not fun to be directly in front of.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.