Voice Chat Doesn't Work

I just recently bought the game on my oculus quest and I haven’t been able to hear anybody talk. I tried turning the mute all thing on and then off, voice chat is on, I can hear the ingame noises, and I can hear other people fine on other games.

Try holding both menu buttons for about five seconds. You may have accidentally used the global mute function.

I tried that and it didn’t work.

Generally restarting the game (completely, not just logging out) fixes it for me for a while. Every once in while the interactive map will be gone when I do this though.

I reinstalled it and enabled mic permissions and now I can hear other people.

I came hear looking for a fix having tried both of the above suggestions.

I could hear everybody fine for 2 day, then yesterday for some reason the voice chat wasn’t there when I logged in.

Tonight I’ve deleted the game, reinstalled, double checked settings etc, without success.

Try holding both menu buttons (B, usually) for about ten seconds. It’s a global mute that you may have accidently activated.

1 Like

I’ve tried turning chat on and off in the menu, and that didn’t work.

Will try global mute tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Commenting for anybody, like me, who finds this post having experienced the same problem.

The solution above from Meeeeeeeeshka resolved my issue. I’ve no idea how, but somehow I’d activated global mute, a function that isn’t evident on display or in the menu.

Thanks Meeeeeeeeshka, you’re a star!!!

The devs should add status icons on this kind of toggle settings!

1 Like

i very very very often have to relog, usually have to completely close orbus and restart for voice chat to work this is one of the most annoying bugs next to desyncing

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you use push-to-talk?

this seems to be a ongoing issue. happens to me at least once a day . sometimes completely powering off solves the issue other times you just have to wait. never experienced so many bugs in one game

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.