Voice chat problems

It’s been said by a few people in the discord but im making an official post about it. I recently switched from quest 1 to quest 2 I’m unsure if it’s the change or a new update but after I changed ive started having voice chat problems. Sometimes I log in and cant hear anyone and have to relog several times to get it to work. Sometimes I can hear people but push to talk doesn’t work. Sometimes everythings working fine and it just cuts out and I have to relog several times to get it back. As I said others in the discord were also mentioning this problem.(anyone who posts below with the same or similar problems please help the devs by including the system you use)

Actually now that I think about it that’s happened to me as well on the quest two not very frequent though maybe once a week

1 Like

I get it every now and then on the index.

1 Like

I’ve had problems with voice chat on my Index. If I’m having a conversation lasting 5+ minutes with someone, sometimes the voice chat just stops working completely. I think people can hear me but I can’t hear them. Interestingly the person’s hands disappear at about the same time although I can see their weapon.

Relogging doesn’t seem to fix it, or perhaps it allows people to hear me. I think it requires the other person to relog before I can hear them.

Hi, this is definitely something we’re looking to improve, the difficulty is in reproducing the conditions as until now we have not been aware of a reliable pattern that can cause this to happen. If you notice something that always or at least very often causes this to happen, let us know. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.