Warrior Combat in Solo-Play/Leveling -> need advice!

Hi all, i am new to Orbus and have a level 6 Warrior.

Which Combatstyle is the “intended one” for Soloplay or Leveling as a Warrior?

I have encountered 2 combatstyles for me:

Berserk Style:
Combo spam “Wound” as fast, as i can, but i cant really use my shield much, only for a occasionally Shieldbash(Stun) or Block.
This feels like the best way, with little downtime, to get a mob on the same level down. After 1 Hour of grinding i am physically exhausted and this style dont make fun on longer playing sessions.

Shieldplay Style:
Trying to Block everything and get between the mob attacks many Combo-Swings out as fast,as i can. It depends on the enemy attackspeed, but mostly i get 1-2 Combo-Swings out.
This feels like the slowest (long downtime) and even dangerous way to play this style.
The mobs tear through my shield very fast (tested both shields) and i get thier lifebar only to 75-50% down, before my shield breaks.
Then i need to switch to the “Berserker-Style”, if want to life, but it will not end every time well.

Additionally, you cant even use the Stun if your shield is broken and some mobs ignore it. Howerever its the most fun combatstyle for me, its physically slow and tactical gameplay wise, but i die so often with it, it really kills the fun for this class.

Will it be better on higher levels?

Sorry for my bad english…

hey, nice to hear from other new warriors here :smiley:
i mostly play solo and use “wound” (left, up, left, right).
i think thats the most damage for me. if i fight vs more groups i try to use “cleave”, but it only works like 20% of the time, because i accidently hit some other enemie and the combo breaks, really anoying…
but yeah, i only use “wound” and i get tired as well after like 1 hour playing.

I tend to use my shield when fighting red mobs. Those pinkish ones, I tend to skip the shield.

That shield is useful to extend your hp when fighting stronger mobs.

Which shield do you use, against the red level mobs?

Do you combospam wound like crazy, if your shield is down? Because its really hard already for me against pinkish ones.
Or i am just to slow to switch for the combospam afterwards, if the shield breaks?

always your small/dps shield for solo and leveling

once you pick up on a mobs attack pattern you should stop mid combo to block and then continue to end the combo then rinse and repeat

your shield regenerates much much faster than HP so it’s always better to block attacks

i learned to never sword charge the enemy from a distance, let it get close to you then charge + shield bash as he is doing his first attack and that tends to also stun it longer and prevents his second attack from happening the normal speed, usually after my first shield bash i chould do 2.5 combos before blocking depending on the mob

you learn to get a rythem going for example doing wound…Left > up > left and if the mob is going to attack bring shield in front of you as you slash left(kind of crossing your arms)then as you remove the shield you can finish the combo with right as your shield is moving out of the way

i never used cleave leveling up since pulling two mobs is suicide

you can’t shield bash if the shield is red and if your shield is down you can always use your horn to provide a defense buff to save some hp

3 Likes

Oh thanks, i didnt know that the horn provide a defense buff for me too.

For the combo rythmen it feels unnatural for me to do an up to left swing, without blocking my on swing on the shield. So i need to hold my shield away out of the area for my second left attack in the Wound Combo.
Do you move your shield in the same direction as you swing with the sword?
How do you “cross” your arms, the dps shield is already so big, that your second left swing must come from the upper left direction? If so its a bit unreliable for me or i need more training, because i tend to hit mostly an downswing.

Another thing is, i notice an desync on the attack animation from all mobs. The damage/hit comes in, before even the attack animation is down. So for the block, i need react instantly in the beginning of the mob animation, or i cant block the damage. I tend to use the last 3 Combosteps after block, because its easier to do the left-right-left swings.

pretty much i keep my shield out of my way but block when i need to but finish the slash in a way that the shield won’t block it lol you’ll get used to it! you’ve got lots of leveling up to do and mobs to pull

Right. What others are saying is correct.

Mostly, I just wound. I actually don’t remember any of the other combos. The timing on all the mobs is the same. Once you get it down, it’s just wound-block-wound-block. Repeat until your shield breaks and then wound spam.

If my memory serves me well, it seemed to get easier to do reds at higher levels, since you have more time to get gear drops. At lower levels (sub-8 or so), you level too fast to get gear. At least, that was my experience.

You should always open with 2-3 wounds depending on speed. Then switch to wound + block to minimize damage to your HP using the small shield. Do not open with stun, instead start stunning after you begin to block. You can get 2 wounds in when stunning.

The result is that your HP and shield HP will always be at 100% roughly and you have minimum downtime. Like others have said, you can always deplete your shield completely since it will instantly regen after some downtime. The thing about this is that it is slightly slower in terms of kills per minute.

You should always be working two stuns into this rotation as well. So essentially you get a 6+ wounds almost for free before you factoring in the number of blocks you can get.

You are fightiing mobs too higher level if your shield is depleting too fast. Your goal is to fight red enemies 1 level higher, not 2 levels higher. Avoid poison enemies.

Playing warrior is exhausting, especially after some recent changes though today’s patch made it a little better again.

Does it get better on higher levels? Not really if you know what you are doing. With the small shield you should be killing each mob with very little HP loss and you’re ready to pull the next mob with only a few seconds of downtime.

1 Like

Does the horn provide a defense bonus for the warrior too? I was under the impression it only gives everyone else a shield + taunts.

oh think i was wrong about the self buff from horn lol

Anyone have any tips on how to hit the wyrms near wenderwood? i can’t for the life of me hit these things with my combos, i’m at the point where i’m just going to skip these mob types till i’m high enough to practice on them.

Maybe we could share tips on the hitboxes of difficult mob types? Vulpe are another that i have a hardtime with.

1 Like

Try to hit the Wyrms a littlebit under thier belly the block is on the same high. These Vulpes are hard… i need to go in a squat position for proper block and attack.
For the little swines, i need to block near my crown jewels and feels arkward lol, but hitting them is fine.

But keep in mind i am 1,84m tall, so i cant say how would it be on your high.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.