Warrior new Moves

[Hey there
i am playing as a warrior and i find it really cool!
the combos are not that complicated and easy to learn, but i find it a little bit to small variation of combos.
so i thought of 1 new spell for rare, epic and legendary items.
its like, u see actually 3 spells on your shield, the stun, the ultimate and the charge, but if u equip one of this rare weapons, there apears a 4th spell, where you at first have to figure out how it works.
well, i think you all remember the Game of Thrones scene where this cool guys set there weapons on fire?
just like this u have to hold your weapon in one hand and “slide” with the other hand while holding along the sword. if you do this, it sets on fire and you make normal dmg + fire dmg.

what do you guys thing about these?

https://sm.ign.com/ign_de/screenshot/default/beric_9uyc.jpg

3 Likes

I think its a good idea, but we have a looooooong way to go before we can even discuss this type of stuff. Warrior is currently quite broken with yesterdays patch (upwards swings speeds) so they got their hands full with tons of other warrior issues that have priority (sword rush, shield bash, hitboxes) ect…

I’m really excited for all the changes they’ve been making and will be making. Warrior has needed love for a long time and once it’s all fixed it’ll be a lot of fun

1 Like

yeah, right.
the upwards swing is bugged, i reported this too.
but its just an idea to have in the background for later, maybe they will do something similar.

I’ve said this in other threads before, but when it comes to Suggestion threads it’s not helpful to hop into the thread and say stuff like “this won’t happen soon” or “other stuff that’s important to me should take priority.” If you have feedback on the specific suggestion that’s fine, but there’s not really much use to the rest, it doesn’t add anything to the conversation.

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Dev Response Time

I think that idea is freaking amazing. That’s a perfect fit for orbus. with it’s sense of discovery and being able to learn things from others. I would love to find out in town that i can turn my blade on fire, charge a swing for large damage or any number of cool effects and flavor.

1 Like

When warriors link up, we often discuss swing techniques and other shop talk, which to me feels like mages helping each other with spells, there’s just fewer warriors around to do so.

I think it’s not like mages because all our skills are in the skill book. all we can learn is that you should only use your damage combo and aggro combo. we can learn about positioning but I think we’re right with gunners and archers perhaps since all they can discuss is positioning and their choices of orbs/arrows.
but i get you, early on as a noob you can use some help knowing what combos are but for the most part our class is very straight forward and intuitive. maybe adding some non intuitive mechanics that provide higher damage or utility. Idk.

I’d like to join in on some of those warrior gatherings :stuck_out_tongue: i think a neat way to do that is to have special training areas for each class in the cities. mages have a circular plot that allows them to cast spells without using reagents, it has targets that move a bit so they can practice directing spells or maybe there can be a mini obstacle course thing that you have to navigate the spell through or around in order to hit the target. The archers can have typical archery stuff and moving targets and perhaps a mini leaderboard thing for the longest charged shot on a particular arrow (to make it so you don’t spam and inevitably get it right). It would be cool to show off long shots in some fashion. For gunners it could be targets that require healing in different ways or require debuffing. perhaps have a plot that has attack effect red circles that spawn in random areas that you have to avoid and if you get hit you need to be healed. healers could heal the people doing the minigame thing (seen this minigame in wild star housing). and warriors could have an arena pit that lets them 1v1 with eachother (only other warriors) and that lets us train with eachother and practice pvp as well, there could be lots of target dummies around which randomly do those red attack circles and we need to reposition repeatedly to continue damaging the target dummy.

stuff like that is amazing for killing time and filling out the world :slight_smile: at least would be amazing to see this in like guild city. gives people incentive to go to a particular area just for this social training aspect.

Sorry, I was not more specific in my previous post. We don’t tell each other what wound does, rather our swing technique (how we hold sword, optimization for fast or wide or both, swing angles, directions, etc).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.