Where are the abberations?

The only people that want to enable pvp are for trickster, xp boost … and to a lesser extent pvp. I rarely see anyone who wants to pvp other than in battlegrounds.

I’m not down for pvp only content. Though the idea for more pvp type things are cool. Wilderness is one thing, where people want to pvp.

One thing that’s been mentioned before is content for different group sizes. We have solo stuff, 5-man stuff (dungeons), 10-man stuff (raids), and giant PUG group stuff (world bosses and public events). What about the groups of two or three? That’s where the aberrations really seemed to shine to me.

Right now, the 2-3 man content seems to consist of the “witch” group at one end of that tunnel in the Highsteppe region, the large group outside the Mine Dungeon, and the occasional two to four mob groups scattered around. The difference between these groups and aberrations is the strategies and mechanics of these groups is no different than those of the individual mobs - the only reason they require group effort is the sheer number that aggro when you attack.

Aberrations used to fill this gap pretty well. If we had a dungeon run scheduled and a couple people didn’t show up, we’d go kill aberrations for a while until enough people showed up. Or if we wanted to relax a bit but still do stuff, we’d go after aberrations rather than try to organize a dungeon. The mechanics were varied and challenging without requiring a lot of practice with the same group, making it possible to group up with strangers and successfully kill the aberrations.

As far as where to put them? Wastelands or designate one corner of the hulthines area as level 30? Or, like Logan said, put them in caves scattered throughout the map.

7 Likes

Mmmmh what will be the reward from killing then in this game? New dyes? Gear? New tinkering mat?

Totally up for abberations.

3 Likes

Totally agree for aberrations. Will be good for less than 5 people groups. Not sure what reward/incentive to farm that would be but something infinitely useful rather than a one and done quest is what i would prefer personally

4 Likes

Some new unique dyes would be great incentive to farm them

this is by far alot of work to be done for an idea, but a cave area or dungeon could be found that had aberrations still in it. or maybe the critter capture guy could accidentally create or revive aberrations instead of the animals and people

3 Likes

Putting some in a “Wilds-like” PvP zone could be very good for risk(pvp)/reward(access to a less farmed spot / creating competition for the spots / promoting PvP / attacking the people farming to obtain their loot), but solely having any kind of event/mob spawn like this in a PvP zone would be a real nightmare for many players. Historically like 90%+ my games I play are PvP oriented, but let’s be real PvP wasn’t baked in to Orbus. It’s fun to do sometimes, but it’s more a gimmick feature to scratch that pvp itch. I think PvP is a great addition to the game, but I have to assume most people don’t believe it’s balanced or really “that good.” They might be able to bump PvP quality up a notch, but without some major changes I don’t see(and haven’t thought heavily about) how they could ever make PvP in Orbus high quality because primarily of the locomotion decisions they made. Thus presenting it as the main course and not a side dish for some content release…seems terrible. Gating players through PvP != good. Using PvP as a feature in a fair way == good. Risk should have a truly attractive reward, but not too-ridiculous of an award.

I am done trying to convince the devs to add to pvp, I understand they have put a lot of effort into pvp and I thank them for trying, however I think they went about it all wrong and im at this point just going to hope they listen to the things ive said in the past.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.