Which class are you most excited to play? (poll)

I agree the game could use a melee dps. Berserker could fill that role nicely.

Perhaps we could see the option for the warrior to trade in his shield for an off-hand weapon and have both class options in one?

Runemage, dream come true :smiley:

Iā€™m really looking forward to the more dedicated healer class that was briefly mentioned in the comments on KS :+1:t3:

1 Like

Runemage FTW :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely going to start with Ranger.

Ranger is probably second on my list. I really enjoy QuiVR and the archery mini game in The Lab, but the tube system just looks too cool. Plus Iā€™m obligated to play the spellcaster because of my name.

I really do want to give the Runemage a try eventually. The rune-drawing mechanic was really cool in the last test, but I have to with Ranger first. Also because of my name.

Honestly, I was hoping for a rouge class or some type of stealth class. My real username is leotheshade so I think it would fit with a rouge.

Iā€™m definitely looking forward to the Runemage. Wish there was a warlock class, that would be fun.

I havenā€™t played in any of the tests yet, but the ranger looks really fun.

They do look fun, although I wonder if anything is going to be done to prevent the ā€œspammingā€ that allowed them to be fairly broken DPS characters in the stress tests (from what Iā€™ve watched). My suggestion is having to ā€œchargeā€ shots, making sure those overall do more DPS than spamming would.

That would be a huge turn off for me if thatā€™s the case. I would hate to have to resort to spamming arrows to keep up dps with other rangers. It is more natural to have to ā€œchargeā€ or at least pull the bow all the way back to shoot. Other VR bow games seem to have a good balance.

Iā€™m pretty sure there will be many changes to the characters and game mechanics before release. The stress tests are simply to see if the clients and servers could connect to each other and to see how well the devā€™s infrastructure could handle the network traffic. Character and gameplay changes will most likely happen in response to feedback from the alpha and beta tests.

3 Likes

Indeed. The spamming of the Ranger arrows was not an intended game mechanic, and weā€™ve already changed how it works for the next test. Weā€™ll keep playing around with it until we get the feel weā€™re looking for.

For reference, the feel weā€™re looking for with the Ranger is fast-paced, but still having to consider each shot (so a missed shot should be a big disappointment). Itā€™s definitely not supposed to be an arrow-based machine gun :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To slow them down you can make rangers reach behind their back to pull an arrow from their quiver. That would make it more life like.

1 Like

Iā€™d quite like to see an option to apply some careful consideration for higher power if possible. Even the ability to fire long range though a significant arc rather than straight ahead.

Did you get to play in the Stress Test? The Ranger has an ability called ā€œPower Shotā€ where basically you have to hold back the arrow at full-strength for 2 seconds to charge it, and it does significantly more damage. Also the arrows already have an arc to them and you can shoot around 75 meters currently (which is pretty far).

So I think that the ā€œI want to carefully aim and put a lot ā€˜ridingā€™ on this shotā€ part is actually already pretty well-covered. Itā€™s the ā€œsomething is right next to me and Iā€™m going to just fire as quickly as possibleā€ part of the mechanic that needs some work (namely, it should either be impossible to fire that fast or if you are firing that fast, you should do significantly less damage per arrow).

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to the warrior if there is a range of weapons. Maces or two handed axes, that spike ball and chain thing, a katana. I think may be only the famous weapons should make it for now.

A Fisted class would be cool too, various styles of knuckles, may be they can shoot haduken like projectiles. :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

The spiked ball and chain is called a morning star. :slight_smile:
A variety of weapons would give more variety to melee fighting, but that sort of thing will more likely be implemented much later, after release.