Which class are you most excited to play? (poll)

Technically, a morning star is actually just a mace with a spiked ball on the end. A spiked ball and chain is usually called a flail and would be awesome to try and use in VR, but I pity the programmer that has to come up with the physics algorithm for it.

Yuck, the level of Physics in a multi linked metal chain, with ball at the end which can be moved in any direction and change speed at any pointā€¦ I donā€™t see how you would code realistic looking movement without killing the majority of computers.

I mean, if you want to get really scientific, the whole strength of a weapon like that comes from the leverage you can get from a longer than normal weapon, this comes with the downside of needing a long swing to get it up to speed (due to itā€™s weight). However in vr, you can just twist your wrist and due to the length of the weapon the tip is then going very quickly.

tl;dr irl itā€™s hard to swing, in game it wouldnā€™t be

Unfortunately this starts to become true for a lot of weapons, the advantages of lighter weapons irl donā€™t exist in VR as none of the weapons have any weight or take any effort to swing, so you either have to make it just cosmetic, or put a larger punishment on heavy weapons for short swings (something I know Riley has spoken about/ put in the game? already)

edit: Iā€™m very much not a programmer, so quite happy to be corrected on the difficulty to code into the game. Iā€™ve seen videos (since posting) that argue it both ways.

Iā€™ve been bulking up in QuiVR: the shoulder shredding simulator for a couple months now. totally ready for ranger

1 Like

Runemage for sure if there is a way to see the comboā€™s in game. If we get more spells after lvling or playing for a while, iā€™m afraid itā€™s going to be hard to remember all the spells x_x.