Why should i join a guilld

Hey :grimacing:

Are there any advantages if i am in a guild or anything special i am missing out if guildless? :thinking:

Well, I would say as long as you are running dungeons with the same group most of the time, it does not matter, as the end-game content usually requires good coordination between players :slight_smile:

But if you need help with leveling up alts, or with runesets or whatsoever, guild members are more likely to help you out imo

1 Like

Well, imo, if you like to play solo and be entirely free what and when and with whom you play, you should not. Because most or all guilds come with responsibilities or rather, you get something and will mostly want to pay it forward or prioritize guild requirements over your own game plans or random groups.

So if youā€™re fine with that, at level 20, the latest, I would strongly suggest it. Lots of advantage, be it open quests, dungeons or endgame-content. Random groups are harder, no reliable chat for a start (most guilds are on discord which functions better than ingame chat in dungeons), party members sometimes just logginā€™ off without notice or only up for one try or donā€™t follow advise. All that is less likely to happen in a guild. A good example is the world-boss event yesterday, details on him came from guild, so even those new to the boss didnā€™t cast lifewell or other stuff which then been repeated over and over by the hosts.

Like in other games, guilds care to gear you up and teach you and you profit from knowledge of more experienced players. Also they know which member plays what classes (best), which in Orbus is very helpful to adjust the group-setup for a boss. In return you are expected to assist others where you can, like, go farming bosses and sometimes plan your rl around raid times, too, but that depends on the guild, some are more endgame-orientated, some are more fun-casual.

If you are into dungeons/endgame-content it also does not hurt to level at least one alt-class, so if your main isnā€™t needed you can switch. And if you want real good group performance you likely should play all of them, at least until getting a grip on everyoneā€™s abilities, buffs and debuffs.

3 Likes

@Alice_ArgLeaveTheRed nailed it. Really, her entire post answers the question.

To add to thisā€¦

If you want to be free from people trying to recruit you into their guild, go create your own guild. It will give you the advantage of a guild hall (which currently is useless). Hopefully they will add some advantages to it later on.

Awesome reply @Alice_ArgLeaveTheRed !
Thank you.
Ok i will think about it once i am a little higher level.
Right now, i actually just play with random people i meet in the areas i wander around, same for dungeons, it worked out great so far but also not that great. Especially when someone got lost or something and didnā€™t reply over the compass-walkie-talkie thingā€¦

@Richard_A yeah, i heard about the guild hall being useless lol. Atleast there is a dummy in it right? :smile:

@G_Alphabet , I am currently just running around with strangers, as mentioned above, so weā€™ll see what iā€™ll do later, once i am stronger :slight_smile:

As long as you are lower level, I think itā€™s absolutely fine to go without a guild, I think it matters mostly for end-game content :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We love using the guild hall for artificing in Double_Negative so we can figure out tilesets without other people around just makes things a little easierā€¦ Although im hoping their going to add some chests and crafting stations id also like to eventually see some sort of voice chat system that goes to guild members so we could talk easierā€¦

Slandaro

1 Like

Not sure if you knew but if you shake your compass before speaking into it (it will turn green when not in ā€œuseā€) it will change from party chat to fellowship chat and you will only transmit to your fellowship. There are some bugs we are tracking down with it cutting out intermittently for some players but that option is there if you werenā€™t aware.

oh i knew it worked for party but didnt realize it did fellowship awesome ty

Well it often also does not work for partyā€¦ or least not reliable. That would be really a nice thing, if you could at least hear your party all the time, no matter where they are at (or at least in dungeons, because, grabbing your compass to speak to group members not in discord and too far away, while tanking or healing, is somewhat hard :wink: ).

I would like to again suggest that the fellowship list feature should also show who is online and who is not just like the friends list which is becoming an increasing hassle to manage as it grows.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.