Windup Necro Boss

So in the Raid Preview Blog Post yesterday we hinted at something fun we were trying to implement before the raid came out, and I’m pleased to report thanks to Kyle’s efforts it will be ready to go.

In addition to the gear and dyes you’ll be able to acquire, we are going to have a rare cosmetic-only drop from the raid which is the Windup Necro Boss.

MiserableFearlessGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted

This is a little miniature version of one of the bosses from the raid which can be equipped to the pet slot. This is not a full-blown pet like a Dragon Pet, doesn’t give any bonuses or breed or have happiness or any of that. It’s purely just a fun little “toy” that follows you around and does fun stuff.

As I said, this will be a rare drop in the raid (meaning you will likely have to run it quite a few times to get it to drop), but I wanted to let everyone know about it so folks were aware it was available. If this is popular it’s something we’re going to consider doing more of going forward as well.

Thanks!

13 Likes

He looks so tiny! Can’t wait to get one of these :heart_eyes:

It kinda reminds me the miniatures from Guild Wars :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will this drop be for the masses or only the select few? (T1 vs T10)

There will be one that drops for the Normal Mode raid and a different one for the Hard Mode raid.

@Damage_Da_Mage the dream

Love this addition. Request for future addition: Redtail pet.

1 Like

Desert lizard would be a good one too

4 Likes

Will it be tradable?

Does it have a chance to drop if you have already run the dungeon for that week?

Yes. More please.

20 characters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now with a rare drop, there will be more need to reset the dungeon. Will there be a way to do this?

If I understand the recent posts on raids, I think cycling a new raid (party) leader would do the trick?

That would be limited if there is a limited amount of people that you are bringing into that 10 man.

10 people means only 10 cycles. This might however be solved with the ‘you don’t need to kill mobs or boss’ being clarified. If it means they will no longer spawn or if it means something else.

I kinda hope it’s soulbound, a prestigious drop for those that put the time and effort in

1 Like

Is there any way it can have the same bonuses as dragon pets, so it doesn’t feel like we are actively giving up a useful tool for a completely cosmetic one?

3 Likes

I would happily pay 2k (about 16k after RNG) to use bonus treats to get it so mines a plunderer

It will be soul bound

No this is not intended to act the same as the dragon pets, this is meant to be more of a prestigious item that you can have out while walking through town if you choose as another way to show off your accomplishments along with the new raid gear and cape. As with other things in game you will just have to decide if having it equipped is right for you, or if you would rather just have a dragon pet equipped.

5 Likes

OMG that is so cool!!!

This got me thinking, think we can get a mini Sanyael? It would be so cute!

I think it’d be neat if the moving animation had it dig underground and then pop up above ground as it went. Sorta like this, just… not as destructive…
25s697l
(From: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/why-lokis-army-in-the-avengers-is-not-like-the-transformers-a60493)