With the new Character customization coming in Reborn, would you please consider adding Black Hairstyles?

I don’t know how extensive the new hair options would be in the game, but as a Black gamer, most if not all games usually leave me disappointed, because i can never quite make a character that i think looks like me. Most times the “Black” hairstyle options are like a buzzcut, dreads, cornrows, or an afro, but thats not what most black males rock today. Look into a dark caesar, a temple taper, Waves, low fade, or anything but the non-options we usually get. I know it sounds trivial but it would really really mean a lot to me and i’m sure there are other gamers of color that agree. If you google “Black Barbershop Hairstyle Chart” you will see hairstyles much closer to what an average black guy would wear. With that said, i’m definitely looking forward to the expansion. Keep up the good work.

8 Likes

We will definitely look into that, thanks for the feedback!

7 Likes

Black girl hairstyles also please please :smiley:

3 Likes

TIL that OrbusVR is set in Year 2018

1 Like

Wowza. Magic in 2018?!

im not black and i wannt black hair because it looks awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

Im only an honorary black girl but i have very curly hair that would be more realistically represented by black girl hair than white girl hair. My hair was actually a train-wreck until my bff took pity upon my frizzy self and taught me the ways of the co-wash.

1 Like

Getting really caught up in semantics. :confused:

I was referring more so to that the game industry as a whole usually tends to give older hair styles like afros and cornrows despite their lake of popularity. I don’t think its a crazy idea to add modern hairstyles to a fantasy game that literally just added a hover board. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I think it’s a great suggestion!

It’s important to many players to be able to make a character that reflects them as much as possible, and the default options in most games are usually limited and caucasian-centric.

Given that this is obviously a complete fantasy world and not intended to be an authentic historic recreation of a specific earth time period, it seems really odd to bring this up. It’s hard to understand how anyone could have an objection to someone requesting more options for character customization that will help them connect with the game more.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.