WMR Support? (Required extra characters in title to post)

So, I have been gone for about 2 years now. Mostly because of the lack of WMR support. I logged in today and tried to change the locomotion, i ended up having to just turn the game off because it wouldn’t stop spinning.

Anyways, that COULD be my controller but it only happened in this game… Is there ANY support for WMR yet? will there ever be?

Yes I know I can go tediously remap my keys with the steam built in thing, but I’ll be honest It’s not user friendly, I have no idea what I’m doing, and I am not invested enough in this game to go out of my way frustrating myself to set it up.

I feel like lacking any proper support is a bar to entry that a game requiring VR, doesn’t need.

Any help is much appreciated. Not trying to shit on the game, just frustrated that I have had problems since I bought it back before it was reborn and it’s been years and there still seems to be no interest from the Devs in including WMR players.

Right now I can’t even get smooth locomotion working, and I don’t want to use the trackpads!

Hi, we appreciate the feedback and we understand your frustration. At the moment, there’s no official support for WMR headsets and compatibility varies from headset to headset, but from what I understand it may be possible to import one of the already setup community bindings that should already be complete.

You can read some more about it here.

1 Like

@Yaz remapping controls in SteamVR is actually quite simple. All you need to do is:
Launch Orbus
Hit the Steam menu button
Click the big controls button
Start editing what all the buttons do.

Here’s a great guide to help you understand the controller remapping window: https://github.com/OpenVR-Advanced-Settings/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings/blob/master/docs/SteamVRInputGuide.md

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.