Woo! Woo! All Aboard!

Also does polymorph agro other creatures in the vicinity? If there are two wererabbits nearby and you polymorph one does the other attack or does it just stand there wondering why his buddy is now a chicken?

No answer is really needed I’m just having Orbus withdrawls. One … More … Week.

1 Like

@Chrondar, I believe that is the reworked fireball glyph.

1 Like

Riley, I didnt sign up for alpha to be tortured by you. D: Also:

Decurse

The WoW mage part of me is triggered.

1 Like

I am trying to wrap my head around the Arcane Explosion spell. Is it a single rune that puts out an AoE from the wand? Is it a 360 degree Explosion or does it hit the enemy and explode after a set amount of time and hit other enemies in the process. I am sorry if this question has already been asked.

Haha, all will be revealed in a soon-to-be-published blog post about all the Runemage changes.

4 Likes

…or did you?

I hope you do allow for hard cc, just make a cd on it and have something that can break you out of it, whether it be a skill or item. It makes it easier to take down more than 1 person at once if your trying to kill a team of people.

Generally speaking hard CC on players can be fun for the casting player, but is really not fun for the target, even at relatively short durations with breakout options in traditional types of games. I suspect it will be even worse in VR. That being said, it may be worth exploring regardless, though I can only imagine how lame it would be to be stuck as a chicken in a PvP situation, watching helplessly as my friends are slaughtered.

There is certainly a strategy to it. In WoW I could take out a group with as much as 4 or 5 members sometimes as a warlock. I could cc the others long enough to start picking them off. Without cc, it makes it difficult to kill even 2 vs 1. If your going to take the bandit life, you have to be able to take out groups of people who will come after you.

I think there can be a happy middle ground. (In my humble and sometimes stupid opinion) CC is necessary for pvp in some form. Usually it works to just have people be immune during the CC and have it last for a shorter duration.

Edit: also with diminishing duration returns on a specific player if you continually use it

Roomscale VR makes hard CC a real challenge to implement. Maybe you could see a blank room or something while you’re stunned. Seems like a fraught bit of game design.

The amount you move around in room scale is negligible compared to teleporting around in pvp though. If you were confined to room scale movement then that would be a sufficient CC (I would think)

Edit: someone in the discord had a brilliant idea that you could cause “hallucinations” for people with a spell or whatever and maybe they see a bunch of extra avatars or monsters around them to distract them.

1 Like

Make the whole game go blurry.

My VR room is huge. I think you underestimate how much of a design problem that would be.

stunned rogue runs around you in circles

Hmmmm I don’t see it making a difference- but we can test it in a week!

Yeah, I agree with the partial approach, as I was sorta thinking of as soft CC (snare, vision impairment, silence) where you can take some actions, as opposed to hard CC (stun, sleep, polymorph) where you are completely locked down (aside from room-scale shenanigans). Though to address roomscale if we did go in that direction, you could just do the thing some games do when you go somewhere you shouldn’t and basically teleport you back to your locked location, or cut you off from everything until you do, as some have suggested.

I realy like the idea of having player made journals that can be written and drawn in. I don’t know how well it would actually work, but the idea of trading spells and hand written recipes is realy cool.

4 Likes

I think an easy to implement CC would be a blinding ability. The blind person will only see a large message in their headset saying “You Have Been Blinded”. Which would be a really cool thing, especially if they plan to implement friendly fire. I can just see a warrior hacking at the darkness only to find he’s killed a comrade. LOL!

Warriors have no comrades! If you get in the way of my blade you were an acceptable loss!

On a serious note I like that idea. Maybe even using a symbol like an eye with a line through it would be an easy identifier as well. All you need is something to focus on so you don’t get sick lol

Or partial blindness where everything is extremely blurry to make out.