World Boss Issues

People who are having good experiences at World Bosses, what processor do you have? I thought I had a pretty decent processor, but after a few world boss events I realized that my CPU is pegged at 100% across all four cores. My i7 6700k is overclocked to 4.5ghz, so there’s really not much headroom left for additional overclocking. My issues are frequent crashes during world boss fights, occasional heavy stuttering where the game goes to slideshow mode and steamvr seems to flash in with the orbus loading window every other frame. I don’t believe it has anything to do with my graphics card because I’m running the game on Low and my 1080 Ti is at ~60% utilization on average during a World Boss fight (when everything is working properly.)

Edit:
The specs for my workstation are:

• i7 6700k OC @ 4.5ghz
  • 16gb DDR4 3200mhz
  • 2x Samsung 850 Pro 256gb in Raid 0.
  • GTX 1080 Ti overclocked with 120% Power Limit, +120 mhz on the core, +500 mhz memory.
  • Under full load average temps for CPU do not exceed 70° C, GFX do not exceed 78° C.
  • OrbusVR is running on Low graphics settings.
  • OrbusVR is running through SteamVR with a Vive Pro, default SS is 1.3.

Is it really my CPU? The darn thing isn’t that old…

Using any SS over 1.0 has been known to cause crashing with other players, that might be a good place to start and see if that improves your gameplay any.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do that first thing tonight.

Running

3770K OC 4.5
16GB DDR3 2400mhz
500GB samsung SSD
GTX 1070

Never skips a beat.

Thank you for the input, it must not be the CPU then. What headset are you using? Are you super sampling?

I’m going to drop the SS back to 1.0 and try again.

I have the same issue at the 3rd world boss. For me it seemed to be related to my location not the graphic load. I could stand at the edge of the platform staring into the black and still had the problem, and i could be in the middle of the group healing, shooting or doing anything without problem.

One point where i always had the "loading screen -1 frame - loading screen - … " problem is at the entrance of the boss platform right after the gate-like thing. If i just kept on sliding forward, the problem seemed to fade meaning the loading screen times became shorter and when i reached the edge of the platform it was completely gone. There were different areas with the same problem on the platform too. One is close the boss summoning stone. I couldn’t even go close to that area.

Using Vive, I7-7700K, 16Gb Ram, 1080Ti, 1.0x ss in Steam, low graphic settings in game.
Never had this kind of problem for example at Sanyael when the shard was completely full with players around me, with higher in-game graphic settings.

1 Like

One of the twitch streamers “aeon” said that he would get constant crashes and other framerate drops during world bosses and often complained about it during his streams.

One day, he decided to go to a world boss event (Sanyael) and found that when he turned the in game voice audio all the way down it stopped the issues he was having. It’s something to try out, maybe it’s still an issue.

I just recently built a brand new i7-8700k gaming computer and i still experience the same issues you have.

1 Like

Thanks Kyoto, I’ll give the audio thing a try. Things do seem to improve when I use the “overwhelmed” feature that mutes everyone and removes their hands, but it only last 5 minutes. Dropping their audio to zero may help.

I’m glad to see it’s not just me. Part of the early access growing pains I suppose!

yes, if only…a very small part of early access “features” lol :slight_smile:

If that is the case and dropping audio has a noticeable improvement, please let us know. We’d be very interested to know that. Thanks!

The 1.0 super sampling change did not seem to fix the crashing issue whether I use Default connection method or websocket. I’m still getting regular crashes. It usually happens when I’m zoning into an instance, but occasionally it will happen when Im just standing there doing nothing, whether that be in high steppe, or at a dungeon entrance. It’s very strange. It would seem that the Vive Pro is the issue, as others who are using Oculus or the original Vive seem to be having far less issues.

Can someone tell me where to find my logs to submit here?

Nope, i am getting the same on Oculus as well. Some of the crashes happen when i take the headset and controllers off in a safe place and as such “look down into the ground”. Quite a lot of them seem to happen either when i am opening or reading the journal as well.

And lastly some just happen.

Oh, and these crashes usually are hard-freezeup crashes, where no crash report will be generated. I will have to quit the program manually. If i attempt to do it through Oculus, it will tell me that it was not able to completely shut down the game.

Example:

OndeTv’s issue seems to be most similar to mine. Thanks for posting that! I guess we’ll just have to wait for the Orbus team to figure it out.

That being said, today i have been (and still have) having a running (websocket) session going on 671 minutes by checking my output_log.txt. And i attended the Alphabet public world boss event that ended about 20 minutes ago.

I haven’t had a single hard freeze or crash today, and only a few minor freezeups i could resolve with the oculus-home-and-back trick i’ve written about in the “Lag, Freezes and Crashes” thread.

I don’t know if the Orbus team has changed something on their end, but if they have it is definetely working for me!

I’ll give websocket a try during the next world boss and report back. It was not resolved for me during Alphabet’s world boss event.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.