Add equipment tabs for each class

Suggestion coming from this post : Make Potion of Forgetfulness weigh less

It would be great to have individual tabs for each class to put our gear in so that we can only chose a tab and switch class automatically with the right outfit. This would solve the problem of running around with your bag full of gear too.

5 Likes

Or be able to create sets and then click on that set to equip all that armor/weapon at once. I’d be happy with either!

2 Likes

Not sure. I heard somewhere in the forums about a game called Diablo something where you had these so called equipment tabs and could easily switch between classes when needed; and you could carry them all the time?

I however come from another MMO game, Runescape. The difference was that we only had 28 inventory spaces. This had to store all we would need for our trips. Potions didn’t stack and took one space. Different weapons, with their own special, took one space. Different gear took one space etc. So instead of looking at it like I need to have full sets of gear for both physical def and magical def, wouldn’t it be better to think what combination of gear gives me the right stats for most of the dungeon?

A difference however to Orbus was that there were more ‘bank’ locations where you could change your gear. In my opinion I think the amount of items one can carry is a lot. But I do think items should weight less. With the ranger class giving you the option to play rapidly or not to, the player is deciding that they will hash out 2-3 arrows each second. When they get tired they should tell the party to meet up somewhere else and take a rest. I overall like this, I too get to take a break, refresh eat or drink something read discord and then get back into the game.

Now if there could be some relief for the warrior class also…

1 Like

Exemple of diablo main weapon and off-hand weapon menu :

If you use that tab or Q on your keyboard you switch from main weapon to off hand. This allow you to have subclass available quickly and not always have to bring your equipment in your inventory and take time to switch.

This would reduce the waiting time in TM a great deal (plus help people forgetting to put their gear on after switching which also happens… :smiley: ), so I am all for an easier method to switch.

1 Like

There’s also a similar system in place in final fantasy 14. I wouldn’t care what it’s modeled off of if it makes making and swapping out sets a little easier! As is now, the point and click system makes me avoid changing much of anything unless I get new equipment for my main.

Diablo 3 just added the “Armory Feature” after many many MANY years of exasperating the inventory/stash space issue. They waited way too long and only put it in after most people stopped playing the game. Also this came at a time when after years of promoting “playing multiple classes with different equipment sets that promote specific playstyles”, they doubled down on promoting even more equipment sets.

Essentially Diablo 3 is a bad example because the developers waited many years to implement quality of life features due to how they monetized stash space in certain regions of the game (China for example), and constantly pushed set diversity without actually adding more space until Season 6-10. And then after those seasons only then did they finally add the Armory system, as part of their introduction to Season 10.

Far too late for the game’s lifecycle though sorely needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.