Auction house question

Sorry if this has been covered, but is there any way to tell who purchased one of my items in the Auction House?
I understand if the data is hidden for a reason, but if it’s not, then is there a log file with the info somewhere?
Just testing an idea, I used an alt to “buy” one of my items, but I saw no message on my main(seller) that the item was bought or who it was bought by.

Hm please no, I already disliked it when sellers walked up to me in HS to sell me stuff when I was only checkin their stalls… getting ad-pms like hey you’re always buying my fish, want a stack, no thx.
Sure i’m actually curious who my buyers are, myself, but in the long run this info would move goods faster away from the public place. Or people up’ing prizes when they see their main buyer is someone they got quarrels with. There’s discord to establish 1:1 trade connections, if both parties like to.

If anything then we need more anonymity in the AH imo, regarding bids as well, not less.

2 Likes

That’s fair, and a perfectly good reason to keep it hidden. I was thinking I could use AH to sell an item as an ‘art token’. That way I could limit myself to one or two fanart requests at a time, when I have time to do them. But I would need to know who is buying.
I’ll see what else I can come up with, I certainly don’t want to open up the data if it’ll cause trouble for others.

2 Likes

@Riley_D Please give her a personal token to sell that tells her the holders name :smile:
She is important to the community with her awesome orbus-art
I’m betting you will hit dramcap at a crazy speed @Daeresha

4 Likes

lol, I’m not looking to put more work on our wonderful devs :slight_smile:
I’m also not looking to sell the tokens at a high price, I want them accessible to anyone after all, even new sprouts.
My idea was more to limit how many requests I get by only putting up a token or two at a time. Once someone has a token, then they and I could discuss a trade. My art for a pet, potions, dram, whatever is reasonable for the requestor. Basically trading a bit of their time in game(breeding, brewing, collecting) for some of my time out of game

4 Likes

I still think they should give you a personal token for that, and probably slide it in as a option for other artists as well. It’s probably takes a minute to fix, and your art is improving the hole community.

But I won’t push it :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.