Bandits and detectives

Bandits and detectives

Well I read an interesting post about the bandit system and the anonymity with it.
So someone came up with the idea of adding masks for the bandits. Bandit/bounty adding anonymity though masks
Than another person came up with the idea of adding a detective skill. Now I’d like to talk about those as a whole.

Masks for bandits:
(little explanation) A mask which a bandit can wear to hide his/her identity. Other player can find about his identity by destroying that mask. Those masks have to be crafted and won’t be handed out to a bandit just like that.

Pros:

• gives bandits who are afraid of other players opinions etc towards theyre action some anonimty
  • It makes the emerssion greater because in real life bandits/ thiefs won’t run around with theyre face shown and a bar that shows they did something bad.
  • It gives the game an aha effect.
  • Groups of players can come together to hunt down the person who stole from them or killed on of theyre members.
  • The masks can be fun to make.

detective Skill:
(little explanation again :smiley: ) A skill which players have to level up in order to figure out the identities of bandits or hunt bandits down or to punish them for there actions. (Yes, instead of having a system which punishes bandits, players (actually detectives) have to find them and punish them.) Also detectives can’t steal and maybe can’t kill other players.

Pros:

• Gives the game some depth.
  • ( I really like the fact that this game is about actually doing stuff and talking to other players. ) So this would make players talk more with other players (mostly players with the detective skill) in order to find their thief/killer.
  • Gives the game something to spend more time on or something to do. Besides doing quests and grinding.

Some ideas for the skills this class could have:

• To track down footprints just of bandits (After several minutes those footprints could go away
  • They can get the masks of a bandit way easier off
  • Maybe when they are on level 5 with that skill they can punish bandits. For example dye their bar to orange. In order for other players to know that they stole. (Obviously they can’t wear a next mask with a dyed bar)
  • At level 7 they can prevent bandits to go through portals.
  • At level 8 they can put somebody in jail.
  • At level 9 they can wear some sort of indicator to show that they are detectives.

I’m really sorry if I did anything which is against the guideliness. Please tell me if so. I also tried my best to organise this post as good as possible.

2 Likes

Good idea however I feel like the reason it shows that your a bandit is to prevent player killing. Not to make it fun.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.