Been away too long ... where is my ranger? :-(

Hello!

I played the “old” Orbus but it turned out I´m not the guy going over a dungeon etc. over and over again to get some new loot :smiley:

Now I bought a Quest and I want to play with my son together…so I came back…but I´m a disorientated :smiley:

I don´t know how the ranger works now!? I miss my old rythm based shooting…is that gone?

No this should still be the case. Do you have your talents selected? In your inventory menu.

Hey welcome back :slight_smile: ! As Scott posted, the ranger precision talent is same like in the OG, but there are “weak spots” (red spots on mobs) now you should hit which you likely discovered and the level 30 talents which are designed around that.
If you wanna do a normal dungeon now and then feel free to come to guild chat at the usual time :slight_smile: Happy Leveling!

Hey, is this you, Metris_Musk? :slightly_smiling_face:

Wait a minute…am I still a Rebel?? :flushed: I thought you fired me long time ago :grin: Didn´t want to occupy a space :pensive:

Thanks for the help! I just didn´t know that my skills were reset and forgot how to choose them again :nerd_face:

…but still!! Something changed! All monsters around highsteppe are green for me but still they are quite hard to kill :scream:
I am used to kill green bunnies with one normal arrow…

How should I be able to make something alone if I need a minute to kill a green monster around highsteppe?? :face_with_monocle:

Ya that is the lvl scaling system in work. You you will be max 6 lvls higher then a lvl scaled mob. And 6 lvls higher then a lvl mob doesn’t really seem a huge advantage. Added to that you and all mobs have double the health so the fights are twice as long in general.

There are also, although rarer, non-lvl scaled mobs walking around, but if you want to lvl up you should maybe start with doing missions from NPC’s. Those don’t all require to kill things either. Some do of-course.

1 Like

Yes you are still a Rebel, no worries, we got enough space… and if you look in the discord there is a resources channel with a leveling-guide, highly recommended :wink:

Ok…so now it´s missions and not mobs to lvl :slightly_smiling_face:

…but…are there enough missions to lvl more classes? …because I wanna try some new ones… Or do I have to focus again everything on my warrior to get it from 20 to 30?

I don´t know if I got the right one but the first mission I got is to kill a giant tree…which I noticed is impossible…but even the “shaman trees” or what they are that seem to be the real target are still annoying with that scaling system :crazy_face:

I leveled 2-3 classes without much issues, you get weekly and daily missions, too, and the new lore quests give some xp. After that you will hop between events, mainly, it’s not that hard only a bit more boring.

That first quest is a boss that can be transformed into a world boss using a mechanic in the area. As for the scaling system I personally hate it just because you don’t ever really feel more powerful. Technically you would be but it really does not feel like you are.

The scaling was implemented so low level “newbies” and mid level players could do content together and both be at benefit with both parties feeling like they contributed.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.