Beta 4 Hidden Player Levels

Sorry for opening a new thread, but I found that important enough… I noticed I can not see player levels of anyone now (if that just was because of the dev event, then this regards at least people with pvp on like in the last beta) which is really detrimenting gameplay.

• I want to know if someone asking me for help just started out (level 1) or if he is a level 6, for example to point him to talents
  • I want to know if people in my party are all 30 or not, for example to see if they need xp, still, or not
  • I want to know who got what exact level around me in public events to see if I need to care more or less, as a healer and dmg dealer alike, like, positioning myself
  • In the leveling phase I do not want to ask every freakin time I see a friend ‘and, how far are you now…’ and as a player favoring friendly competition I am really turned off from not even seeing, first sight, how far this and that person got their char now
  • I don’t see why the hidden levels should do anything good for pvp, they likely favor high levels since lower just know someone is “much” higher but it can be 14, 24 or 4 levels
  • The icons and colors are much harder - for me - to see from a distance than a number.

Currently it feels - again, least with people having pvp on - like wandering in the dark, a good deal of info which I normally take into account when seeing folks around me is not accessible. I always disliked that we have to guess levels of mobs, pondering every time, oh wait, this group got this - sometimes hard to see! - color or shape, so it must be around my level or 4+ over etc.; but if we really have to do same thing on players now, too, plus the broader level range so I got no chance to really figure, I’d find that horrible, sorry.

3 Likes

I agree with you, its really annoying that we cant see player lvls anymore

1 Like

Yeah I also am not a fan of having the icons instead of the levels, I can’t even see my character level on the login screen either, like what’s that all about?

2 Likes

To further back up the argument of having to show lvls instead of icons, I will ask: is there anyone who favors the icons instead? Because if everyone is against it, idk why it is implemented like this? I would like to hear an argument for having the icons instead of lvls.

2 Likes

This is an unintended bug, you should be able to see other players’ levels. We’ll get that fixed.

4 Likes

the icons make sense for enemies in world pvp (obviously)… they dont really make sense otherwise.