Beta 6 Runemage Feedback

Am I the only one that sees mages arcane blast, the AOE, as a fully broken mechanic in both pvp and pve? I have seen a Palladin rush around a area gathering every mob, and then a single mage takes down the group of about 40 enemies in seconds by spreading frost and affliction stats to everything.

The range is enormous, easy to aim, undodgeable, and there is no cool down. The combo and spread options are massive, the damage is outrageous!

How is this not a problem?

@Burnator no-one sees it as a big PvE problem because it making things easier and no other player gets a direct disadvantage from it (unlike PvP). It is not a problem but almost an exploit XD. So people just :zipper_mouth_face: And the few times that it gets mentioned in the past it doesn’t trigger the devs so :man_shrugging:

We’re aware of the issue and working on solutions already in both PvP and PvE. We’re just more worried right now during the Open Beta with dealing with issues affecting brand new players, but after the Open Beta ends tonight this week we’ll be working on tuning, balancing, and dungeon stuff again.

I thought the reborn beta servers shut down next week?

@Xicor the open beta stops tonight but the closed beta for the players who bought the normal game like you will conitnue until the 8th of april.

just as a heads up for when you start doing the tiles(Artificing) for the classes if you haven’t done it already. we’ll need a faster timing rune for runemage. some of us are able to cast too fast for the M rune(2 spells a second) to proc.

Then use the 1 second one

there is no faster one, we tested with runesight potions and there was literally no delay rune between the spell runes

There definitely are faster runes, i use them with rapidity (they’re the same for every class). Although i haven’t played with tilesets on reborn yet so if there really aren’t might be a bug.

there may be for ranger, but like I said we’ve tested and had no timing runes in between the spell runes when we tried going as fast as we could

During old orbus a different mage said the same to me, so we tested it and he was very happy with his new “revolutionary” tile sets. All classes have the same speed runes, just a matter of getting it

1 Like

You heard Potato say he tested it too, right? But yeah I am also very tempted to think the faster tiles just trigger if you cast faster. But I would also not be surprised if it does not work. This is because the precision ranger tilesets have also proven that you can be at that exact speed where you barely don’t trigger the Z tile (1 second delay) but also don’t trigger the M tile (2 hits per second).

I was tempted to say nothing but meeh ppl will find out anyway and others talked already anyway :roll_eyes:. @Asmund_T what could have happened in your test is you are only concentrating on having a delay tile between your spells which is not how the hits per second tiles work. They just trigger once per second which means you will see tiles pop up something like this: Frost, Frost, Frost, “3 hits per second”. You have to keep up with that speed though because the second timer when it starts is out of your control (hence the broken precision ranger tilesets problem I posted about in the past). If you did check for that and no 2 hits per second or 3 hits per second delay pops up then it might be a bug. Something like if you hit exactly 3 hits per second speed it bugs out to not 2 hits per second but also not 3 hits per second :man_shrugging:

LC is not EK ^ please don’t confuse the two. The timing rune correction is spot on though.

K edited that out sorry :grimacing:

Can the people with the runemage casting in to the floor issue please answer a few questions for me:

• Do you play sitting down or standing up?
  • Oculus rift or vive?
  • Is your rift/vive firmware actually up to date?

Thanks,

Everyone I’ve ever spoken to agrees that Fireball 3 is too weak for how long it takes to cast, and with the improvements in reborn eliminating artificial delays that held rapid-fire Fireball 2 back, Fireball 3 is falling even further behind.

Even if you look at this example of someone who can cast extremely quickly, he shows off how fast he can cast Fireball 3, and yet he still uses Fireball 2 for his normal dps rotation.

Could we see a buff for Fireball 3? Right now it’s about +60% damage over Fireball 2.

1 Like

i can confirm that this is also my opinion on Fireball 3. I don’t use it for anything right now really.

1 Like

should get rid of all shortcuts and rebalance the spells based on complexity… the fact that some lvl 3 spells are easier to cast than lvl 1 spells is broken and will never be balancable with other classes

You can’t ban shortcuts. It’s not technically possible because you can’t differentiate between a shortcut, and a sloppy attempt at drawing the spell the official way.

Also, neither of the level 3 spells are easier than any level 1 spell.

1 Like

The level 2 fire and frost ARE easier to cast than level 1. But certainly not the level 3s.