Broken controller! Orbus withdrawal!

:frowning:

I feel for you! I was so scared of something similar happening that I rearranged my entire office/ man-cave, got rid of a ton of stuff I haven’t used lately, and replaced my desk.

VR is amazing! IRL I am just sitting in the middle of an empty room with a computer in the corner, but in VR, I’m a wizard!

Hopefully UPS is quick. Pay for overnight shipping :wink:

2 Likes

when i bought the VR setup during black friday i rearranged my study to make it safer for VR.

so far i’ve had the ceiling fan clip one touch controller bcause i was placing an imaginary box on an imaginary shelf. and i’ve dug a hole in the wall with that same controller when i tried to punch a robot in robo recall.

i’ve also can arse over tripping on a dog bed i’d setup while looking after my mums dog. and jammed my thumbnail on a dinner plate that was on my desk lifting the nail up

still prefer VR to flat games

2 Likes

Shield bash is my usual opener, Its actualy shield touch😁
I gently reaching mob with the shield to bash it and make sure I have enough room for getting crazy with sword and not hitting the wall.

1 Like

I was playing Echo Arena when I heard a bunch of glass shatter and gasping from my teammate and then his character disappeared.

Ever since I heard that I’ve tried so hard to make sure I’m nowhere near hitting anything valuable.

Surprisingly enough, a few days later I saw said teammate online again so it apparently didn’t deter him from playing again lol.

1 Like

This is the very reason why I am going to buy another touch set and sensor rather than just another sensor. I only have the stuff that came with the rift touch package currently.

1 Like

So almost a year ago, trying out fishing in Orbus, and CRASH!!! Orbus VR claims its first Victim Dead monitor, New one is attached with alot of the command adhesive velcro strips and has a lexan pannel with more strips holding it on.

1 Like

@Decnav Eeks… this makes me consider building a plexiglass wall in front of my desk.

Or maybe something softer. A pillow wall, perhaps.

Took out my TV in April of last year. It was a sad day.

1 Like

my controller hs straps :slight_smile:

It wasn’t because I threw the controller :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s like my biggest worry with VR.

1 Like

Yeah, instead of buying a third sensor alone I bought an extra set of controllers which comes with a sensor. Not sure how fragile the vive wands are. Fortunately for me the oculus touch controllers are damn near indestructible. I’m still using my original set and I’ve punched walls really hard, and had to put plywood over my windows in my game room.

1 Like

Same here, wasnt a thrown issue, it was a too close to playspace issue. Its still too close, but its velcro’ed down with a lexan sheet over it. So the few time I have hit it since, no issues. I cant move my pc, I’m at the cord limit now with extensions.

1 Like

“Not like this. Not like this…”
=D

2 Likes

Yeah recommended play space is not the best for immersive gameplay or fast gameplay. It’s difficult to remember to reposition yourself. I’m definitely reworking my playspace this week so I have like 2x the space. I love movin around the play space. really helps warriors if you do it well

2 Likes

I have an unusaly large playspace. I have a 25 foot + square area with 10 foot ceilings. My cord has to run up the wall about 12 feet to the linkbox at ceiling, then its on retracts to the center. I can just barely get the the edges of my space. Thinking I’m going wireless with one of the newer solutions when its available, then the walls are in danger :slight_smile:

I suggest putting a square of standing/stress mat on the floor in the middle of your area then you can tell with your feet where you are in the room.

2 Likes

I feel you, my first week into having a vr set and I took out a 60 inch television. Still havent gotten around to replacing it…

1 Like

@Alana_M This is the trick I use. I have one of those hard carpet protector mats and stand at the back edge. I think this time I just got overzealous. Maybe I’ll have to start moving it back a bit for play sessions…

@John_H3 It’s good to see you have your priorities straight! VR trumps TV. :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.