Change User on Quest?

Bought 2 copies, one for me and one for my wife, we switch headsets some times and I loaded myself on the quest and now we can’t get her account on there to play…

How can I change users on the quest?

Hey there! Do you each have your own Quest that you switch between? If I’m understanding correctly, you can only have one account set up at a time. You may find this link helpful - https://support.oculus.com/2106637572960657/

We have one quest and 2 rifts, when I logged into the quest it asked me to login to orbus (you are correct quest does NOT support multiple users and that does really suck… rifts do…

That said, is there a way I can get it to ask me again for the orbus credentials? Or once I login with my quest/oculus and specify an orbus account it’s stuck forever? She has a bad back and the ability to move to places to sit and play is nice. Buying a 4th set seems kinda ridiculous.

also I’d like to get others playing, like at parties and such, that would seem to be good, get them hyped up on it and buy a quest/orbus to continue their characters…

-edit

oh crap! Just tried it and she can’t play at all. I bought this on steam and just bought it on the oculus store and tested it out not knowing I’d be screwing the account and now I own two copies and she cannot play at all. She can’t share because orbisvr disables sharing,- and oculus is attached to my account…

Is my only option to get a refund and purchase it on oculus on her account? (Then I can’t play at all on the quest but at least we could play together…)

I looked at the link (had been there before) and it basically erases the whole headset and starts over. Not the best thing if you’re just wanting her to be able to let a user (who has actually purchased the game, even) use the headset.

Right, a factory reset will just have you set up everything again but all your games linked to the Oculus account will be available still to you. Your Orbus data is all saved on our server so none of that is lost.

As for the multiple copies on different platforms situation, we can try to resolve all that via private message…

If you don’t mind some work there are a few mods and twerks you can do to switch users without the factory reset on steam.

got sidequest, I’m all ears :slight_smile:

Good you will need sidequests or it won’t work

1. Open the Gear VR Store that comes pre installed on the Quest
  2. Sign out of that account and sign in your second one
  3. Hold down the power button and choose "restart
  4. Once it boots, you’ll be in your new account! The process only takes about 30 seconds, so it’s easy to go back and forth. All of your save files and downloaded apps remain while switching between the two.

This is the easiest one, there are a few others I can link if this stops working. They are a bit more nasty sadly…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.