Crashing a lot since the 12th Jan update

For the first three days of playing the game, there was occasional freezing, usually when opening a menu or moving from one area to another while holding an active wand or arrow. But now since the 12th Jan update I, (and my son who lives 100 miles away from me), have been experiencing on average 2-4 crashes per hour. usually when we are in a group or in an area where there are many online players. the greater the activity of the group the more frequent the crashes. Also on day one, I fished without problems. Now, since the update, this is now impossible. Each time a fish bites & I begin to wind it in, the line simply vanishes. There is no colour change or indication of line strain. Also, I have noticed that previously when a fish bit, I felt a rumble in the rod (right) hand. Since the update, the rumble only occurs in the empty (left) hand.

My system is an MSI GS43VR 6RE, 256GB M.2 NVMe, 16gb DDR4, 6GB DDR5 Nvidia GTX 1060. With a HTC Vive. (All drivers are up to date).

PS. This system also runs Elite Dangerous Horizons, Arizona Sunshine & a hundred other titles with no real issues.

Okay, thanks for letting us know. Can you take a look at the first thread in this post and follow the instructions? Then we’ll take it from there.

Yes. I looked at the thread. I followed the directives. My SS is & was 1.0, I stopped using STEAM BETA. This made little difference apart from now I get lots of in-game high latency messages, which I didn’t get before.

On crashing, I don’t get a vrclient.exe error dialogue. I do get a dialogue which mentions a folder with error logs in it & would I be kind enough to send it to the DEV. There are 3 files in the folder. (Crash.dump, error.log & error.txt). Do you need them all?

Yes please, go ahead and zip them up and send them to [email protected]

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.