Desync on death bug

This has been happening for a while, normally I’m in a shard so I don’t have time to save the log, it happened at the world boss on Saturday and I saved the log but the log was huge, I also was livestreaming but it’s a long livestream so I haven’t had time to go back through it yet.

It also happened in a battleground just now so I saved the log from that too

So what happens is that you’ll die but you don’t appear dead on your screen, so you can run around still and the only way to tell is because your health doesn’t go up and you can’t do damage

Sent output logs

Edit: this is the video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/426662660

3 Likes

Samething happened to me twice in BG yesterday also i got stuck in the BG after the battle ended.

This ^^^^^ - there was a functionality to send in logs along with a bug-report, via the beta-client, can’t we have that somewhere in the final client, too?
It would also allow more people helping with that who are not familiar with (or don’t have the time) digging into the filesystem.

2 Likes

That wouldn’t change the issue with big files not sending, if it was too big on the beta then it wouldn’t send either and you’d need to go find the log and upload it somewhere and send it that way

I do agree that it would be good to have a way of sending them though, like, if I have a problem on the oculus quest, how do I find/send the log?

1 Like

So when this happens, do you see the Reawaken menu at all? So it’s just a matter of “Oh I didn’t notice that Menu there”, or is it like you don’t see the menu at all either, and so you have to totally logout and back in to get the menu to come up so you can continue?

You can reawaken like normal but you can’t do damage or anything after

Everyone else sees you dead after you reawaken if I remember correctly

So the menu is there, but you don’t get the grayed-out screen?

(Sorry if you can point me to a timestamp in the video where you know it happened I will just go look at it, but the video seems to be 3.5 hours long).

Okay, after rewatching the livestream, you don’t get to reawaken as you never see yourself die, I was getting confused with another bug in battlegrounds where when you die, you try to reawaken and then are still dead and have to use to graveyard to then die again which then lets you reawaken properly though on your screen you have no health until you get hit (I don’t have a log for this bug though)

Here is the clip from the world boss event where I desync on death though so you can see what happens

It just looks like to u that u lost agro and are no longer I combat, can still walk around no menu but u can’t do anything and are dead

This has happened multiple times during the raid and battlegrounds, I will email a bunch of logs I have been saving, I also checked out the combat log from when I desynced and it showed:

19:15:05:604 [Combat] Rickness took 25784 damage from gortak
19:15:06:480 [Combat] Rickness took 5822 damage from gortak
19:15:07:492 [Combat] Rickness took 5822 damage from gortak
19:15:08:114 [Combat] Rickness took 9023 damage from gortak
19:15:08:359 [Combat] Rickness took 9023 damage from gortak
19:15:08:459 [Combat] Rickness took 17658 damage from Potâto
19:15:08:560 [Combat] Rickness took 9023 damage from gortak
19:15:08:560 [Combat] Rickness took 5822 damage from gortak
19:15:08:825 [Combat] Rickness took 9023 damage from gortak
19:15:09:181 [Combat] You are no longer in combat.

6 hits during 1 second not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it hurt a lot :joy:

Edit, 8 logs sent

this happened to me at least 4 times in my raid last night

Yup its extremely frustrating and seems to be more frequent than the old desyncs from preborn

And everyday in pvp

This happened to Denmo almost every time he died last time we did a raid. Really frustrating when a bug wastes everyones time when trying to learn a new boss fight.

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up on this. So everytime you die in the Raid (hardcore or normal?) you are getting dysncd and sent to the login screen? Or dsynd and still in game but can’t interact with anything? Does it seem to only happen in raid or happen more often there then other places?

it happens most often in pvp and hard raids for me
dsynd as in you can move around but cant really do anything (because your dead)

but truthfully it happens in all other places too, just less frequently

Not everytime for me, just randomly, but it is also happening in the overworld and in PvP battlegrounds

No you when you desync, you stay in-game and see everyone else moving/attacking, bosses carry on doing what they should be but you no longer can deal any damage but appear alive still, you are unable to log out and you never get sent to the log in screen, you have to restart the client

It mostly happens in hardmode raid and PvP battlegrounds because outside of those 2 activities you are a lot less likely to die, but it happens in the overworld, dungeons and shards too

For what it’s worth, I never had a single desync issue until I believe last week, where I got it twice during one raid. I thought I was alive and well, running back after a wipe, however the 9 others in the group saw me as a ghost and upon restarting the game I was indeed a ghost and had to run back again.

Been using websocket ever since it first became available (so basically forever) if that makes a difference