Dev World Boss Event

Hey everyone,

We will be commencing our first Dev World Boss Event shortly after the Beta begins tomorrow. As a reminder, here is the schedule:

Friday February 22nd at 2 PM US Central Time
Friday February 22nd at 8 PM
Saturday February 23rd at 3 PM
Sunday February 24th at 10 AM
Sunday February 24th at 8 PM

For each session, I will log on at the start of the session, and I plan to stay on for at least 30 minutes but no more than 1 hour (depending on how the event is going, how much interest there is, etc.) The fight will take place in the Hulthine’s Basin area of the game, so be sure to head over there before the session time if you want to be in place when it begins.

I won’t spoil the fight, but it is pretty straightforward; the main issue will be adjusting the challenge based on the number of folks that attend. I will do my best to make it challenging but not impossible.

If I am successfully defeated, everyone who is online at that time (on the whole server) will receive a flag which will allow them to receive a special “Dev Boss Slayer” Achievement in Reborn, which comes with the title, “Devslayer”.

As you all know, there is a 100-player limit for each zone. I have no idea if we will hit that limit or not at each session, but if we are (and you see multiple shards spinning up) please be courteous to other players; if you have already had a chance to participate in the fight, give up your spot so someone else can experience it.

My hope is that this will be a really fun community event for everyone involved, and I’ll see you (and your corpses) tomorrow!

Directions

We have added a new teleport pillar that is auto unlocked for everyone called “Dev Boss” that requires no re-agents to use. If you go to the teleport pillar located in the Fellowship Courtyard in Highsteppe you will be able to access it and teleport to Hulthine’s Basin (still called Flood Zone on compass). From the teleport pillar head straight to the next island over, once you see the ruins pictured below you have made it.

You can also use the Flying High teleport pillar if you want to use a Mage portal to get there, I uploaded the ruins to the portal below.

12 Likes

You mean YOUR corpse, right? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

We are approaching the start of the first event and there are around 60 folks online, so we should be able to accommodate everyone. Again, there is a special “Dev Boss” teleport destination at the teleport pillars that does not require a Runemage Reagant to use, then just head over from there straight across to the island with the statue pillars on it.

Okay well the event was a big success, I was defeated after around a 10-15 minute fight. I had a lot of fun thanks to everyone who came out. I’m not sure if you could hear me shouting 'Riley Smash" the whole time or not (the voice chat gets selective about who you can hear when there are more than 32 people around).

We’ll be back again to do it at 8 PM. Also happy to take feedback on how folks thought it went. I tried to go for more of a fun vibe since I figured there would be so many people around it might be hard to coordinate a lot of actual strategy.

Also some people were asking and the “Devslayer” title will be account-wide, not bound to the character you specifically were on today.

6 Likes

Had loads of fun! Thank you! We heard a lot of the smashing and stuff, was great!

1 Like

I was super happy to hear a sinister, yet gleeful sounding “RILEY SMASH” and was just as happy to run away screaming “No smashy!”

2 Likes

In about 15 minutes we’ll begin the next Dev Boss session. Will I go totally crazy and wipe the whole server? Find out soon!

1 Like

Okay so you all were able to successfully kill me once, but then someone figured out they could dispel my Giant buff…but then I have to re-give myself the buff which also fills me up to full health haha. So I had to call the second fight because it was never going to end. I will put in some code so that Giant buff can’t be dispelled for the next fight.

Everyone who was online at that time has been given the flag to get the Devslayer title.

Also can anyone ever hear me talking at all? Just curious since I am trying to go full on boss acting :smiley:

3 Likes

please fix durability lost during the dev boss… a lot of us were running around not being able to attack.

Oh okay, good to know, I will put in a fix for that as well.

Yeah we could hear you and it was great!

4 Likes

Omg when he saw me and yelled, “You! You have buffs! I’m coming for you!” and then chased me around… rofl so hard.

2 Likes

Riley i didnt even know that was you. I said nice helmet and you smacked me to the ground. Never seen it coming lol.

1 Like

Haha that was kind of funny.

“That guy has really cool armor!”

Mutates into World Boss

“…Oh.”

5 Likes

Easily the funniest world boss! Thank you

1 Like

can definitly hear u when u were trying to find me when i was hiding under you and u were trying to find me, and also when u said “GET OVER HERE KAMINA!” teleported to me and smacked me down

4 Likes

The event was definitely a lot of fun!
Any chance that in the future it could be added an instanced game you can queue for where one player gets randomly selected to be the boss and everyone else has to kill him?

5 Likes

Oh my god this would be so much fun!!!

This was fun, thanks for doing this!

1 Like