Economy issue - Not enough dram from end-game content

So here is the thing, there are many players who don’t have much time on their hand, but are skilled and would love to do some end-game content to challenge themselves, however as of now, potions are mostly required to do them. This in itself wouldn’t be an issue, however I feel like the dram reward from bosses/chests is just lacking, while the prices of the items are going up. I personally don’t have much time on my hand recently, and if I can play, I would like to do some end-game content, but right now without potions it’s hard, and even if I can get into a party, getting 150 dram max for a T10 dungeon is just not really motivating. I mean, right now it is A LOT easier to farm dram by just killing low level monsters such as rabbits near Highsteppe, and in my opinion, this should be rebalanced, but this is just my 2 cent.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this is general in relation to end game content and the requirement of having potions to do it.

What is a standard load out these days? Like what potions are “required” to do a Normal or Hard Raid in the community’s opinion?

Because just giving out more dram will just cause inflation, which causes prices to rise, which doesn’t necessarily solve the problem.

Well, I’ve seen both side (big fellowship and casual one), for a big fellowship, normal mode raids are going down now without any potions, for hard mode they are usually using almost every useful potion as far as I know, meaning intellect, empowered strike for mages, empowered strike and strength for rangers, vitality and strength for warriors (not sure about musketeers, maybe intellect?)

For casual fellowships, normal mode final boss might take some extra potions to increase the DPS, but it really depends on the team composition, attempting hard mode with these groups are usually not ending well, so haven’t seen many of these fellowships attempting hard mode other than first few bosses.

I agree, simply giving out more dram would cause an inflation, however T1 and T10 dungeons having the same dram reward also doesn’t make much sense.

Do you frequently have to use multiple potions then because they expire?

For hard mode, yes, though it really depends on the group itself, and also on how many bosses they are attempting to take down.

for hard mode i find that no potions are really required for the first 4 bosses besides mabye a vitality for a undergeared tank, but potions definitly make it go much smoother by reducing the amount of time it takes, reducing the chance of player mistakes, and allows u to finish a boss before the lag gets so bad u cant even shoot a bow
for hard mode deslatu the best we have ever done is all dps with empowered strikes and nothing else, but it was very rough
that said from the perspective of a group that doesnt have all of the best gear, having a 20-30% dps boost is a massive help, and can make some uclearable content clearable

Yes, this is what I meant under “it depends on the group”, EK has a sort of elite group doing these raids, which can make a huge difference :wink:

1 Like

This is an issue I have brought up before. Currently, I think the biggest problem is that the only way to obtain these potions (or the dram to buy them) is to do tedious farming. Everyone has a different way they like to play the game, however only one of these methods is rewarded with tradeable income. For players who don’t mind or even like farming/grinding, the current system works, but for people who like to play any other way there is virtually no income. Farming shard dungeons, doing raids, and engaging in PvP offer almost nothing in terms of income (things like dyes are very difficult to find buyers for).Other playstyles need to be rewarded if endgame content relies on consumables. Not all playstyles need to be rewarded equally, however income should be related in part to time investment into the game. Currently, I think the best method to address this would be to greatly increase the tradeable and/or dram rewards from shard dungeons. Because shard loot cannot compete with raid loot and offer virtually no other rewards, they have sort of fallen by the wayside since the release of hard mode. Offering better tradeable/dram rewards would give players who enjoy such content a reason to continue doing it, meaning more people would be doing shard dungeons with players currently stuck in the gear middleground between Tradu and raids. I don’t think this change would cause significant inflation because most the players driving the economy do not do shard dungeons much anymore, and even if they were to begin to, they would be making less money than if they spent an equal amount of time farming/grinding directly.

@Riley_D An average hard-mode raid night for abc is about 3 hours, we normally have two of these nights per week in order to rotate in and out a few members. Most classes use 2 potions, which means 12 potions per week per player just for hard modes. Plus occasional healing potion use, mostly for rangers on boss 5.

As a Ranger I use empowered strikes and strength, I use luck potions (even though I feel like it makes 0 difference 27 hardmode kills and 2 drops) and for boss 5 I take finely aged healing potions just in case they are needed

Muskie and Mage use Intellect and empowered strikes

Warrior uses vitality

We take 3 sets per hardmode raid and raid 2-3 nights a week so 6-9 sets per person per week

So with the transmog system you implement higher gear costing more to change, maybe a system of having the option instead of breaking down shard gear for glimmering shards, since the groups of people that are doing this hard end game content are ones that tend to probably have more glimmering shards than they know what to do with, but have a system for selling the gear as an alternative with higher pay outs based on the level of the gear.

Any Option here is to consider making some raid and 5 man drops Trad-able. I see dyes however because there is more dye than ppl using it the market becomes saturated with it, and the value fluctuates wildly. If some Armor was trad-able not the top end gear but maybe mid range lvl 20 gear. Also more items like the Jester balls that are super rare drops however also trad-able so super rich merchants who want to look cool can buy them rather than farming a 5 man 200 times. Mean while the lucky guy who gets said object get a lot of dram to buy potions ect.

Also going back to the Wilds chest when it first came out what i was expecting was a chest that randomly showed up in any part of the 3 wilds, and would make you wait 10 secs exposed while trying to open it. A feeling of finding hidden treasure, and the thrill of sitting still waiting to loot the chest not knowing of some one will come gliding over the hill and one shot you. What we got was fun however what it eventually turned into was just a few of the Elite uncontested since they know when and how the chest will spawn. No wonder left in it.

1 Like

Potions are not needed for any of the first 4 bosses of hard mode. The 5th one is questionable depending on class skill level.

I do think there needs to be a x5 potion for intellect, vitality, strength. It’s a bear to crank out 1000s of potions 1 at a time. I’m curious why you haven’t made a recipe x5 for these potions using the majestic flounder?

1 Like

The only thing is that what would happen to all of our drops from the end game contents?

When it comes to potion “requirements” I think it is also necessary to know what gear people are running the content with. Are the potions required because they haven’t spent time gearing up though the expected path and jumping ahead?

2 Likes

@Riley_D can you confirm luck potions work in the raids, the drop rate is supposed to be 10% for items in raids, right?

apart from our 1st kills I’ve been using at least 1 luck ring, most of the time it’s been 2 luck rings and I’ve drank a luck pot for every kill and only 2 “luck” drops and I know there are people with worse luck than me

I also think this would be a very good choice, I normally make a full stack of potions at a time as long as I have time to do it after work and the time it takes to make a stack of int/str/vit compared to the batch of 5 empowered is just a no brainer which people want to make and don’t want to make. I think a big reason why people buy potions over making them their own is because it takes so damn long to make them and then they have to wait a week for them to age, I have noticed that people have been more willing to make their own empowered and luck pots though due to the batch potions

I also think this thread is a great idea for a change to alchemy to make it less of a grind as people will be able to do it at the speed they can personally handle/want to do it, throwing stuff in the cauldron is fun, sure, but the waiting around for it to slowly change from one colour to the next can get very boring. I think a change like this might make it so more people are willing to make potions

3 Likes

This [quote=“Rickness_Voidwalker, post:16, topic:11710”]
@Riley_D can you confirm luck potions work in the raids, the drop rate is supposed to be 10% for items in raids, right?

apart from our 1st kills I’ve been using at least 1 luck ring, most of the time it’s been 2 luck rings and I’ve drank a luck pot for every kill and only 2 “luck” drops and I know there are people with worse luck than me
[/quote]

This please!! I have used a luck potion every single time ive cleared a raid boss. have gotten one drop. I dont so much mind the rare drop rate but id like to know if the pots are even working.

1 Like

As for not enough money late game that could be helped by making wilds mats more obtainable also.
A few ideas;
make them drops from bosses. World bosses, raid bosses, shard bosses. Would give players more reason to run those.
Days garden idea is great too.
If you dont have to buy the potions or mats than we would not need as much money.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.