Friend invite by message

Hi I’m new player from Thailand. I’m trying to build a Thai OrbusVR community with Facebook group and got 20 people joined the group on the first day. I asked them to post their character name so I will send friend invitation message and we can first time meet in the game but Iooks like the only way to be friends we need to stay next to each others.

It would be great if we can send friend invite message to offline people using their character name and then they just read and pop up the friend request dialog.

6 Likes

Tell them all to meet at the new tavern :grin:

I do like the idea though

Oh wow I did not even meet 1 Thai player yet! But you are in a very different timezone (5h later, seems to be 3am in your place when its 10pm in ours) so no wonder.
Sending friend Requests to offline people would also be nice, however, if you are planning a guild you will meet applicants anyways ingame, the tavern is likely a great place for that also now.

The friends system is long due an upgrade, this would be a great addition alongside having it so the friends that are online are at the top if the list, I have a lot of friends that don’t play anymore, but they stay at the top of my list, I don’t want to delete them incase they start playing again but finding my friends who are online on my list can be pretty horrible, scrolling past them, in no real order, it needs addressing really, it’s been ages since the fellowship list got updated and that is great, easy to find who you are looking for, surely that code could be used for the friends list too?

4 Likes

Currently I just post on my Facebook group that I will wait at Randel around 9pm and… Some day I have to be there hitting dummy for hour hoping someone may show up and… no.

There are sometimes different shards with-in the same zone so you’ll only be able to see up to 40 people by default, its possible that they may be in a different shard to you, you can switch shards in the menu if you think someone you’re looking for is in a different shard

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.