Going back to the old game as erly endgame content

There is a part of highstepp currently in need of excavating there are fallen down beams and other things blocking the way but there is a corridor at the end of the area, my suggestion is add in a small quest (not part of the explores league or requiring the tutorial but a base level instead somewhere around 20ish) to clear out the area, the cleared area would have a door/portal/teleport orb that leads to the tutorial area from the old game (effectively just a direct port of the entire old game, map, npc, markets the lot of the old map.) but instead of it being a single player instance allow for party to be allowed in there.

honestly this would bring back a lot of the fun to orbus and give players things to do, the old dungeons added in to the matchmaking, more pvp options, and give a better solo play experience too.
there are issues like high level players not wanting to help new players as much because of scaling and the dungeons not being fun to do solo for the same reason.

when it comes to the enemy npc there health/damage would need bringing up to the current amounts set to the new level amounts, they would not be scailed but have a higher level in general to what they used to be effectively the lowest level enemy would be level 10 and the highest level 30 to account for the players requiring a base level to enter.

these are just my thoughts on it and a request to give the old game back same textures and all (we would put up with the bugs as long as they got fixed later after its reintroduction) trust me a lot of people just want the old game back the new one is ok but a lot of us prefer old orbus and I think having it so you can use the new classes and mechanics in old orbus would be fun too. like having the creature capture npc held over in wenderwood and the monster kill npc in guild city.
This would add so much more to the game and give people a thing to work towards.
we would like old orbus back.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read elsewhere, the only problem with this is that the old game was a different coding with pre-generated assets. Meaning, for them to put old orbus in here, they’d have to rebuild it from scratch with the new coding. I’m sure enough people have mentioned it by now that they have it on a sticky note somewhere, but that would be a huge undertaking a lot of hours of coding.

Not saying I’m against it or anything, just that I don’t think it’s a simple copy paste like it may seem.

Also, all those models and assets would have to be redone. Many of them, like you said, were purchased assets that had a much larger poly count than was needed and just ate FPS for being on the screen.

Why not a whole server there, and it’s more of a time travel? 3000 years has passed…

coughactuallyOnly20Yearscough

3 Likes

then what’s this?

The armory way of over exaggerating you played the old game. Its not an official Orbus lore achievement but an alphabet armory achievement. :joy: (feast of strength)

1 Like

Reborn takes place 20 years after original.
Not 3000 lol. If it was everybody would be dead

1 Like

Makes sense

Let’s think about that. A giant schizophrenic monster hits me continuously and I’m fine? Lol it’s orbus haha

what monster is schizophrenic

Raid boss 4. Just a Rogues inside joke.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.