Hand tracking for Orbus

Hello,
It would be interesting to include hand tracking in your game for certain classes.
I would like to play the paladin while being able to hold the hammer with my two hands while having my right hand (I am left-handed) completely free to catch the books.
Catch the musketeer’s orbs by hand to put them in the barrel, draw the mage spells with your fingers …

Please think about it

Thank you

1 Like

Has been suggested last week, here:

And while drawing mage spells would likely be cool (and much easier without the weight of controllers), set aside the huge programming work for a niche, the game is pretty competitive on higher levels. If some can use such a different easy mechanics due to their headset allowing it and the hand-tracking ones deal much more damage than others (mages are very much apart already, but not due to hardware, due to practice; developing skills to get to high dmg takes weeks or months), while others can’t or be forced buy another headset to catch up, it’s likely an issue for groups.

The other thing is that at least all the motion controls somehow also need to be possible with gestures else you can’t survive most fights; and the menu, inventory etc. Also people switch classes often, so if it’s only a hybrid you’d need to pick up controllers then all the time to do so. Why I don’t think it will ever be fully hand-controlled I posted in the other thread… shooting guns or using tools like the pickaxe would feel really odd without having a tool in your hand (also Musky Orbs btw, my main class… I would not ever wanna grab “air” and hit the palm of my hand with my fingernails all evening, sorry); up to the point it would need a different game to preserve immersion (like, to “witch-up” resources).
However I guess it’s majorly complicated to think up even movement controls which got clear gestures, separate from all the rest. Hand controls are in their very baby-phase of development afais, it’s a pioneer technique and likely nothing apps can just ‘add’ since no one got any standards, routines or experience in how to do that yet.

We can completely recognize only one hand while keeping a controller in the other for the menus or for what we want to keep only controllable with the controller

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.