How much help do new players need

So a few days ago i got my friend to buy the game. When they loged in i noticed that while helping them out two aditinal new players started following me as i began explaining to all 3 how to use there weapons. Then everthing else: The compass walkie-talkie. The whole book. A quick tour of the town and even got them get a GRINDING Pot, and fight for a few level. Even toss some dram and items to learn how to trade…

Do you think i helped to much or not enough. or do you think there some key points i miss to tell them about/suggestions

1 Like

As much as both parties want. :man_shrugging:So you helped the right amount. Its fun for the beginners to have a human guide and fun for the ‘teacher’. Its a strong part of this game.

7 Likes

The more the better. This game is full of missing or incorrect instructions. For example, the dragon breeding station, the picture on the wall is placing the dragons in the wrong slots. It took me WEEKS to bother googling that to figure out why it didn’t work (I’d wait 12 hours, nothing! I didn’t realize it was supposed to literally show a flame). New players are more likely to stay if they understand what is going on. Don’t tour them through, but be available to help. Everyone needs a “friend” in this game.

1 Like

This is definitely a game where you learn from others. I’m constantly learning more and more about this game.
Did I read correctly, a compass walky-talky?

2 Likes

Yes your compass also works as a walkie-talkie for party chat. And (click to green) guild chat. Just bring it to your mouth and speek when Red
:+1::+1:

3 Likes

in the old game you used to need to run the tutorial and it explained all of the basics in its own separate zone. there were one or two people who left there and then kept asking people how to play the game and depending on what was going on ether directed to the tutorial and told you need to finish that or you can’t start the msq or taught how to play then told to run through it for the msq. generally the new players cant often do much with out being directly told over voice chat you see a lot of warriors standing there with a big shield fighting a sapling doing one hit for ever hit the enemy does.

they seem to need a lot of help especially when there in large group and then they go “raid party joined?” and then you tell them “yes you wont get exp if you do that.”

we need the old game back just for its tutorial.

1 Like

Well if you teach them everything, a good 100 hours

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.