Is there a prob with scoundrel rank shots?

I play scoundrel semi a lot I guess but recently been paying alittle more attention and noticed at a certain range from mobs you r able to see what rank ur shot is…but seems no matter the curve, not sure bout distance, either doesnt show rank or to far to see it pop up but I can not get a rank 3+ shot…ive tried while soloing in wastelands on scavs and I’m almost positive ranks 3+ are not popping.

Ya basically how it works there is a limit how far you can curve. And you can only get your rank higher by standing further away. But I guess further away makes it impossible to read it for you.

1 Like

Well that kinda limits our dps than doesn’t it… To get 3+ rank u sayin gotta be max distance? So when soloing or times when u just happen to be close getting 3+ for higher dps is a no go…but I say 3+ isnt popping cause my dps doesnt change close or far my reg damage is roughly the same and crits r too. I just got rift s so ima go play with my scoundrel on a dummy I guess and see if I’m just overlooking

I’m with Scott, I curve IV or V occassionally on trash but you likely don’t see it because you are too far away. I would really like to see ranks pop right in front of you just like runes… since these are not distracting (and there were no complaints, so far), ranks are neither and then you always know what you got.

PS: I curve like playing tennis, doing wide swings with my full arm at the outer right side, like I would like to “embrace” the mob (not optimal in narrow dungeons, but anyways), at least on a dummy you should get higher ranks this way.

Really with they would display the rank above the card stack

1 Like

Are you looking at your stack, tho? I grab cards blindly to focus on the fight… would not like the need to look down in the moment of impact. Runetile procs always seem to dangle up right in front of your eyes, no matter where you look.

1 Like

I am all for this! I’ve used tilesets on my mage which proc all the time and they’re not distracting at all, you simply get used to it. To have your rank pop up in the same way I think would be very helpful :smiley:

1 Like

But sounds like a hit or miss …imo it sucks we should have more control over our ranks or better understanding with higher ranks…as it doesnt say much on it…just says curve and/or distance…and if mobs r close it nvr gets higher than 2…I curve the sh*t out of it and jus nvr seems to get there…it just seems like I’m not getting what I’m putting in…my highest crit has nvr been over 40k…not in all shard gear…gun is blue and got 2 +2’s and a 1…

Yes I agree that is the major flaw with the scoundrel which puts it back in overall dmg numbers in dungeons also, except in places where you got huuuge spaces to also stand back on trash and curve from further away. The raid and the airship dungeon is not so bad for this, all other dungeons are imo, currently.

In the overworld you will like try to pull from far away, once the mob is there you hardly can do much anymore but use cards and bomb it with only a low rank in, some said they can curve higher, theoretically, from up to down or v.v. but I never got that to work.

I dont think it would be hard to glance but that’s just my preference doesnt really matter. I just dont like stuff right in front of my face like that unless it’s absolutely necessary. But yeah literally anywhere that’s isnt so far away I cant see would be great.

well I just played on the dummy alil and I did get r 3 and 4 to pop but wow it’s not easy

Most bosses have the notification pop inside the nametag anyway so you have to judge baseed on the damage what rank you got.

seiku, try these two things, try curving from the top rather then from the side, and try not curving so hard pretty much act like you are tossing the bullet from an angle

just make sure your cord is not in the way lol

this works way better for me then anything else, not saying it will work better for you but it is worth a shot

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.